Runner Gunner Orion Ride

browned out

What happens if a Runner Gunner Lunch/ Break Skipper does your route when ORION is being implemented on your route when you are on vacation? What would you expect when you came back from vacation?

T

Turdferguson

What happens if a Runner Gunner Lunch/ Break Skipper does your route when ORION is being implemented on your route when you are on vacation? What would you expect when you came back from vacation?
Nothing Orion only cares about mileage. Not how you run.

browned out

OK, Thanks. I know in the old days if they did your routes time study with a runner, lunch skipper, method violator, etc. then your time study would not be accurate. You would be an hour behind (hour over allowed) the runners time study numbers. You would then have to explain to the manager....'that's because Skippy did my route during the time study and he skipped his lunch and breaks, did not follow methods, etc.' "Please on car boss... come out with me and show me where I am losing time"

I don't care about time studies or over allowed. I do the job using the prescribed methods and safety behaviors everyday as if the on-car was on the car everyday.

Overpaid Union Thug

A runner and gunner will typically take short cuts that sane drivers wouldn't. The sane drivers will at least try and convince the ORION puppet to configure the solution so that it will permanently chose a different path. That is at least one danger from a runner and gunner running the route with the ORION puppet.

barnyard

KTM rider
When you get back from vacation, the Orion people should ask you when and where you normally take lunch and break; those should be built into the plan and may not be if you are not doing the route when the plan is made.

We have a couple of routes that do not have anywhere to take break on route; those routes are given allowances for that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Overtime and more miles.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When you get back from vacation, the Orion people should ask you when and where you normally take lunch and break; those should be built into the plan and may not be if you are not doing the route when the plan is made.

We have a couple of routes that do not have anywhere to take break on route; those routes are given allowances for that.
Orion team ask the driver? Crazy talk.

Johney

Not so fast there pally. In one of our centers where Orion just went in some drivers are blowing through their routes while on their "Orion shadow run" I think it's called and running too many SPORH so Orion now calls for that amount to be put on the car daily.

Ghost in the Darkness

Lunch skippers mess up the way the dispatch sup might set it up with added section. I noticed i would be 30-40 minutes behind where orion thought i would be. It came down to running up mileage to break off for pickups or say to heck with pickup compliance. Apparently they dont care about pickup compliance so these days i just try not to show up too early or otherwise be there before they close.

JL 0513

Doesn't change anything. Time allowances don't change with Orion. It's the same as when the time studies were before.

The Orion guy reponsible for setting up your route puts the default lunch and break periods in. Doesn't matter if the runner skips them. When you come back, the lunch time adjustment is there.

The bid driver can, however, have the mid day lunch period adjusted to their preference. So if they like to take a half hour of their hour mid day that can be put into the system and reflect in the Orion solution. Take a look at the Orion computer in the morning. There's a line that says "ETA adjustment". That will show how much break is planned mid day.

Remember that Orion works entirely based on timing which many drivers seem to be unaware of. Drivers that wonder why miles are way different than the plan fail to see that the Orion time table wasn't met. For example, if you have to break off for pickups 10 stops earlier than the plan, boom - more miles.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not so fast there pally. In one of our centers where Orion just went in some drivers are blowing through their routes while on their "Orion shadow run" I think it's called and running too many SPORH so Orion now calls for that amount to be put on the car daily.
Yeah and their retarded for doing that lol.

T

Turdferguson

Didn't happen any of the routes here. My three days of Orion run was focused only on miles. They one draw back would be if you were on vacation and the cover driver turned around in people's driveway like Orion wanted the driver too. Just refuse to do it on safety principal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When the Orion team was in my center they did all that they could to make sure that they rode with the bid driver whenever possible.

Driver pace can make a huge difference in how your Orion is set up. For example, my first stop of the day is normally Walmart; however, Orion has me delivering all of my air and then going back to Walmart. I am usually able to deliver Walmart and get all of my air off on time. This puts me ahead of the Orion solution.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Because you're suppose to take your lunch between the 4th and 6th hour, this will cause a problem if you skip your lunch or take it at the end of the day.
Orion weaves its way through your route so you are around pickups at certain times, if you don't take the lunch you'll be off an hour and will have to add miles to get back to the pickups.

onehandsolo

They will manage your bulk air and density during your Orion ride and for a few weeks after. Therefore giving you a sporh metric that you cannot maintain in the future.