Runner Gunners being sent out with seasonal employes to "train" them.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
...and management will scream and jump up and down like a petulant child at the first accident or injury.

Frankly, I'm all for it. We've got a new runner in town where I am who hasn't even experienced a peak season yet. We've all tried to do the right thing and warned him that he was going about things the wrong way but he won't listen.

Perhaps he'll figure it out when we're all punching out at 7:00 and he's in the ghetto until 9:00 doing our work.

BrownTexas

We start a mentoring program next week and all the mentors are people that should be fired from ups for what they do daily. Signing for people, running, working off the clock, not using the methods, you name it. I can't wait to tell my mentor to shove it and I'm not getting fired because he is on managements good side and that is the only reason he hasn't been fired yet.

Indecisi0n

We start a mentoring program next week and all the mentors are people that should be fired from ups for what they do daily. Signing for people, running, working off the clock, not using the methods, you name it. I can't wait to tell my mentor to shove it and I'm not getting fired because he is on managements good side and that is the only reason he hasn't been fired yet.
Same here. I love it because with all their accidents/injuries/firing it helps keep me under the radar.

TheDick

Most of the road runners have had major time loss injuries and are still out on injury or back and forth. I guess big brown loves to pay comp checks and pay investigators to video brown bastards sitting out peak.

Love it when they remind us of how ups spends the first three months of income on comp injuries past / present.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hope management gets everything they put into thier "training" program. While we don't have the runner gunners training, we have the "wanna go homers" doing it for 4hrs "wink wink" for the golf cart guys. I personally don't care how or why they are allowing this, it doesn't effect me or the membership either way.

screamin chicken

Peak will be a tough one for me, Why do I get the new Preloader every time there is a new hire, why is it always at peak, ive had 3 loaders in my 20 yrs. of driving, the loader finally learns my route then they move them, on top of that my inside helper for 3 yrs. just quit......dang

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Would you rather have a seasonal next to you all peak that was trained to talk all day, walk like a snail and worry about lunch and break?