Rural deliveries

watdaflock?

But all those who just choose to live out there start paying what it really costs to service them.
I think UPS should just say no to their business.

If you live someplace out in BFE, which UPS must use these trucks, you should find another delivery service.

9320014366_e1225036ef_b.jpg

Re-Raise

I have been on routes where the houses are numbered in the order they were built.

For example, 6 houses might all be RR1 box 16. The first house built there is 16A on up to the last one built being 16F.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you live someplace out in BFE, which UPS must use these trucks, you should find another delivery service.
We have one of those. They drive pretty nice, but it's almost like delivering out of a rental. Though it does have shelves which is nice. None of the guys that could actually use it like it, so it's usually just a spare.

upsgrunt

I have been on routes where the houses are numbered in the order they were built.

For example, 6 houses might all be RR1 box 16. The first house built there is 16A on up to the last one built being 16F.

I learned a route like that when I started, but there were 23 houses in the subdivision, and they let the homeowners pick their letter. What a freaking nightmare! Someone finally showed me a map they had plotted, and after 911 went in the town changed the addresses to something more "normal".

AKCoverMan

We have four daily routes that use these, we just got all new ones as the old ones were falling apart.

Those four routes you totally want a 4x4! If they try to send a regular PC a lot of packages are gonna get ECD.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've been noticing over the years how often people in extreme rural locations, that cost exorbitant amounts of money to deliver, have us running out to their place 3 to 4 times a week. Yet they pay no more for our service than the family living in the suburbs.
In winter these places are even more time consuming and dangerous to access, and exasperating at Christmas time.
I was wondering how many billions UPS could save if we took an agriculture/non agriculture approach to pricing. True farmers and ranchers continue to pay the same rate as now. We need them out there growing the nation's food.
But all those who just choose to live out there start paying what it really costs to service them. See how fast they start having that stuff left with Aunt Betty in town!
This is something I've wondered about myself. People want to live so far off the grid for some reason beyond me, but still want the convenience of getting Amazon everyday.

When I flip through my stops in the morning, sometimes there's that one stop that just makes me roll my eyes. They're twenty minutes out of the way, and they're not a farm or a ranger station, it's just some :censored2:bags with money that want to never leave the house apparently.