RUSH gets punked!! LOL

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Obama's Fake Thesis Buzz

Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

by Claudine Zap
It must have seemed so perfect. An obscure blogger unearths some pages of President Obama's college thesis. The report supposedly comes from big-time journalist Joe Klein of Time magazine. And the thesis has some real gems: like Obama's disdain for the Constitution.
The whole thing was nothing more than a satirical post on a humor blog. But Rush Limbaugh, who quoted from the supposed thesis on his radio show, sure wasn't laughing. Here's how it went down.
An unknown blogger picked up on a made-up post meant as a joke, which claimed that Joe Klein had gotten his hands on 10 pages of student Obama's college thesis. Rush Limbaugh jumped on it, which immediately sparked Web searches on "obama thesis."
Supposedly titled "Aristocracy Revisited," the excerpt revealed the president had "doubts" about the "so-called founders." Juicy. Except not true. Limbaugh discovered halfway through his show that he'd been had, but defended himself by saying basically the thesis felt true. Listen in to Rush's mea sorta culpa.
Joe Klein finally jumped in, and called the report "nonsense" on his Swampland blog, and the blogger who thought the hoax was real also apologized.
Let's hope someone kept their sense of humor in all this. Still, for a humble post to go from humor blog to major media outlet sure seems impressive. Someone ought to write their thesis on it. For real.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL maroon!
:peaceful:

brett636

How silly of Rush to think that Obama would reveal something every american should know about his past. You know, things like his citizenship status in Kenya, birth certificate, thesis, etc.

outamyway

Transcripts from his show that day. He found out an hour after he started to talk about the thesis, it may very well be made up. "I don't care if these quotes are made up. I know Obama thinks it. You know why I know Obama thinks it? Because I've heard him say it." I feel the exact same way. And I don't even listen to Rush.

RUSH: In the first hour of this program, I cited a statement that Michael Ledeen found on the blog Jumping in Pools reporting on Obama's college thesis written when he was at Columbia. The paper was called "Aristocracy Reborn," and in the first ten pages Obama wrote the following: "[T]he Constitution allows for many things but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believe the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy." Now, I got a note from a researcher who has been scouring the Internet, and the note says this:

"Rush Limbaugh: Mini-warning on these quotes." Because the paper that Obama wrote, "Aristocracy Reborn," the first ten pages were all that reporter Joe Klein was permitted to see; and it says here that Klein did write about it for TIME Magazine. A researcher has been scouring the Internet and can't find any sources for the quote. "The blog that Ledeen cites doesn't have supporting info," supposedly. The source post that was from August, says it's going to be in an upcoming report from Joe Klein, but the researcher can't find anything that has come out since, and nothing in Klein's blog. There have been no matches found on the Internet for any of the info or quotes other than the source posting. So I now say that the blog from which this came has no sourcing data other than Joe Klein upcoming report and Joe Klein hasn't written his upcoming report.

So we have to hold out the possibility that this is not accurate. However, I have had this happen to me recently. I have had quotes attributed to me that were made up, and when it was pointed out to the media that the quotes were made up, they said, "It doesn't matter! We know Limbaugh thinks it anyway." Sort of like Dan Rather said, "I don't care if these documents are forged. I know that Bush did what he did at the National Guard. I don't care if the documents are forged." I don't care if the Limbaugh quotes are made up. So, I can say, "I don't care if these quotes are made up. I know Obama thinks it. You know why I know Obama thinks it? Because I've heard him say it." Not about the Constitution, but about the Supreme Court. Again, 2001, FM radio station interview in Chicago when he was a state senator in Illinois.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102309/content/01125107.guest.html

diesel96

Transcripts from his show that day. He found out an hour after he started to talk about the thesis, it may very well be made up. "I don't care if these quotes are made up. I know Obama thinks it. You know why I know Obama thinks it? Because I've heard him say it." I feel the exact same way. And I don't even listen to Rush.http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102309/content/01125107.guest.html

Are you somehow trying to defend the indefensible ? :rofl:
You are justifying this cause you have feelings.....

Give it up folks, your demagogue got punked.

wkmac

Are you somehow trying to defend the indefensible ? :rofl:
You are justifying this cause you have feelings.....

Give it up folks, your demagogue got punked.

It's about time he got punked because IMO Limbaugh, Hannity, et al have been punking the listening public for years pretending to be limited gov't, free market types and the real truth is, they are for neither.

The sooner these 2 can't make the jet plane payments, the better it will be IMO!

:wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I find this rather odd, that Rush talked about something that might be true given what he knows about barry's true self, yet everyone is down on him. Why this is the same lynch mob mentality that quoted Rush as being a known racist when he wished to be a small member of a group looking to buy an NFL Team.

knightablaze

I find this rather odd, that Rush talked about something that might be true given what he knows about barry's true self, yet everyone is down on him. Why this is the same lynch mob mentality that quoted Rush as being a known racist when he wished to be a small member of a group looking to buy an NFL Team.

I somehow doubt that Limbaugh is an intimate friend of Obama's.

tieguy

Banned
Obama's Fake Thesis Buzz

Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

by Claudine Zap
It must have seemed so perfect. An obscure blogger unearths some pages of President Obama's college thesis. The report supposedly comes from big-time journalist Joe Klein of Time magazine. And the thesis has some real gems: like Obama's disdain for the Constitution.
The whole thing was nothing more than a satirical post on a humor blog. But Rush Limbaugh, who quoted from the supposed thesis on his radio show, sure wasn't laughing. Here's how it went down.
An unknown blogger picked up on a made-up post meant as a joke, which claimed that Joe Klein had gotten his hands on 10 pages of student Obama's college thesis. Rush Limbaugh jumped on it, which immediately sparked Web searches on "obama thesis."
Supposedly titled "Aristocracy Revisited," the excerpt revealed the president had "doubts" about the "so-called founders." Juicy. Except not true. Limbaugh discovered halfway through his show that he'd been had, but defended himself by saying basically the thesis felt true. Listen in to Rush's mea sorta culpa.
Joe Klein finally jumped in, and called the report "nonsense" on his Swampland blog, and the blogger who thought the hoax was real also apologized.
Let's hope someone kept their sense of humor in all this. Still, for a humble post to go from humor blog to major media outlet sure seems impressive. Someone ought to write their thesis on it. For real.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL maroon!
:peaceful:

Rush got punked all the way to the bank