Rush Limbaugh Commentary on UPS Annoucement

MobileBA

"Here's the weirdest damn headline. This is AP: "UPS Cutting 1,800 Jobs in US, Raising Outlook." This is a story of optimism! "UPS said Friday it will cut 1,800 management --" Oh. That's why. They're cutting evil management people. Not the precious, beloved union workers. Yeah. "UPS said Friday it will cut 1,800 management and administrative positions to streamline its U.S. small package segment." Rush Limbaugh

Absolute ignorant fool, I am curious does he even know how many union members were layed off or had there hours cut in 2009. In my 22 years, I have never seen things like in 2009, it was brutal for union members. I am so tired of us against them mentality. Maybe, UPS is cutting management cause they are over staffed not because they are evil managers. Oh yeah this beloved union worker got nothing from the government in 2009.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
i del to a lady who almost had tears in her eyes today asking if i was gonna be one of the 1800. i tried to explain that it was mostly upper level mgmt and some would be offered some kind of severance but she didnt seem to understand. i had this question several times throughout the day, finally i just started saying they were getting rid of the people who didnt make them any money...
what about the union guys (and mgmt too) who were displaced when there were some hub closings earlier this year

i wish people would read more than just the headlines and research what they read sometimes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Here's the weirdest damn headline. This is AP: "UPS Cutting 1,800 Jobs in US, Raising Outlook." This is a story of optimism! "UPS said Friday it will cut 1,800 management --" Oh. That's why. They're cutting evil management people. Not the precious, beloved union workers. Yeah. "UPS said Friday it will cut 1,800 management and administrative positions to streamline its U.S. small package segment." Rush Limbaugh

Absolute ignorant fool, I am curious does he even know how many union members were layed off or had there hours cut in 2009. In my 22 years, I have never seen things like in 2009, it was brutal for union members. I am so tired of us against them mentality. Maybe, UPS is cutting management cause they are over staffed not because they are evil managers. Oh yeah this beloved union worker got nothing from the government in 2009.

What do you expect from Limbaugh? He's perhaps the most anti-union radio personality ever. An absolute ass, with zero empathy for the working person.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I wouldn't read to much into this, it's pretty standard for Rush. He hates unions and attacks them regularly, I seriously doubt he knows anything about the situation at UPS beyond the fact that the workers are unionized, which is really all he needed to know in order to perform his usual shtick.

scoutjumper

I believe Rush was talking about how the media spins everything to favor Obama. Also, Rush hates the union leaders not the rank and file. If the lay-off had occur under Bush the headline would had been doom and gloom. Oh yeah one more point, mangement are workers too.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If brains were dynamite, Rush Limbaugh wouldnt have enough to blow his nose. The guy could hide his own Easter eggs.

He doesnt do any factual research, he simply regurgitates headlines and puts his own idiotic spin on them in order to spoon feed his dittoheads the right-wing mush that keeps his ratings up.

He wouldnt last 10 minutes as a UPS employee.

A

anonymous6

If brains were dynamite, Rush Limbaugh wouldnt have enough to blow his nose. The guy could hide his own Easter eggs.

He doesnt do any factual research, he simply regurgitates headlines and puts his own idiotic spin on them in order to spoon feed his dittoheads the right-wing mush that keeps his ratings up.

what'samatterfor you?

he did call us precious beloved union members.

TheDick

+1 Rush=full of crap mouth piece.
Classic republicans against unions. SOP

Bad Gas!

I'm just glad he pisses off the liberals!!..,,,,I don't listen to him but I bet the Obama team is scared of him..He's not a public official....So who cares what he says..

rushfan

I consider myself an Independent Conservative. Long before Rush (the golfer), Hannity (Walbanger), and O'Reilly (the Leprechaun) started preaching they were Independent . All of their programs are there to get revenue/ratings. (Savage's names he gave those three).

I listen to him every once in a while. What do you expect. He spent his years in administrative and radio positions nothing else. His bias comes from comparing all union members as lazy, unproductive types-such as those in the UAW. No one really understands UPS until they have worked for us.
I don't consider the hourly employees at ups (union) as the typical Detroit UAW types.

Going back in history, Mr. Casey invited the Teamsters Union to be part of UPS.

p.s. rushfan is for the group-not the "golfer"

klein

Für Meno :)
I listen to him every once in a while. What do you expect. He spent his years in administrative and radio positions nothing else. His bias comes from comparing all union members as lazy, unproductive types-such as those in the UAW. No one really understands UPS until they have worked for us.
I don't consider the hourly employees at ups (union) as the typical Detroit UAW types.

Going back in history, Mr. Casey invited the Teamsters Union to be part of UPS.

Wow, think you got yourself in trouble here !
Ever worked for a car manufacturer ?
I have.
24 hrs , up to 7 days a week. Non stop production.
And you wanna call them lazy.
While you earn almost just as much as they do, or maybe now , even more.

That actually hurts for a union member to pull down another union.
Most don't think that way.

klein

Rush, not rushfan may have called them lazy?

They work assembly lines , it's not easy !
Got to have a good bladder, and steady handling of your muscles, that you use over and over, and over again. In the same position.

It's not easy.
Got to keep constantly within the flow of the line.

klein

You did not work as a UAW member.

That I didn't. It was IG Metal (german union).
But, Henry Ford invented the assembly line.

And, I do respect all union workers.
Just because they had bad management.... don't make them bad employees.
The big 3 decided not to go with the times.... and the japs took it over.
Building pick up trucks and Hummers....6 and 8 cyl cars must have been harder work then those tiny 4cly import things.

Which union do you want to smash next ? Nurses ? Because , healthcare is costing too much ? and going broke ?