S friend A

hypo hanna

Oh something is definitly up with this one. Just got a reminder from my senior that I need to take it. That has never happened before and I have been refusing to participate for years.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Why bother refusing to participate?
You're on the clock and most likely on O.T.
You can slam everybody.
As we all know, nothing ever changes so, why give up the O.T.?

hypo hanna

Because it doesn't benefit me in any way. There is never any actual change in how I am treated or compensated and as far as slamming them goes, only front line managers are ever disciplined for a bad SFA. The only reason for this survey if for mgmt to determine the mood of the workforce so they can better determine how much they can get away with. Lastly mine would not be taken while on OT.
There just isn't anything in it for me. I do still go to the follow up meetings for the entertainment. I dont say anything, just watch the song and dance. Sometimes there are even free doughnuts.

I wondering if anyone else has notice, that when doing the sfa this time round, there are 4 choices for which sfa you are going to take. To me it appears they are going to have us do it once a quarter. Now to all of you who wonders what the score means to your manager, it means nothing anymore. There score will not affect their raise or get them fired. Those days are over. All that is going to happen is if they get a low score is they have to take an online training course on dealing with their work group. Sorry to inform you, but getting back at your manager by giving them a low score don't mean anything anymore.

StuffItFred

I wondering if anyone else has notice, that when doing the sfa this time round, there are 4 choices for which sfa you are going to take. To me it appears they are going to have us do it once a quarter. Now to all of you who wonders what the score means to your manager, it means nothing anymore. There score will not affect their raise or get them fired. Those days are over. All that is going to happen is if they get a low score is they have to take an online training course on dealing with their work group. Sorry to inform you, but getting back at your manager by giving them a low score don't mean anything anymore.

All the more reason to refuse to participate in their BS tactics.

Goldilocks

I believe you are wrong about this. There is something different about this round of SFA. Managers seem very concerned about their scores. I have seen many managers lose their jobs over having low scores. Usually takes three rounds. I happen to have a very nice manager that works his butt off and helps out everyone. There are a couple of people that keep knocking him down, guess because they are angry with the company, but thats not his fault. Really pisses me off because he is a deserving manager.

I believe you are wrong about this. There is something different about this round of SFA. Managers seem very concerned about their scores. I have seen many managers lose their jobs over having low scores. Usually takes three rounds. I happen to have a very nice manager that works his butt off and helps out everyone. There are a couple of people that keep knocking him down, guess because they are angry with the company, but thats not his fault. Really pisses me off because he is a deserving manager.
Ok I found out that managers need good scores to get promoted. Bad scores still as I have stated. "Big Mama" as you call her is also pushing the managers for good scores, I am sure this has to do with the rumor that districts are merging and she will be forced out. As we are at the same station, I know your manager is working towards being a SR. back in his home state.

hypo hanna

Not according to the P&P manual. 5-70.
And i paraphrase....Evaluation of a mgr should only focus on the actions the mgr takes as a result of the scores, not the scores themselves. Mgrs with criticle leadership score can apply for other positions if they meet the other requirements.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Ok I found out that managers need good scores to get promoted. Bad scores still as I have stated. "Big Mama" as you call her is also pushing the managers for good scores, I am sure this has to do with the rumor that districts are merging and she will be forced out. As we are at the same station, I know your manager is working towards being a SR. back in his home state.

I know who "Big Mama" is...lol That's one of her many names....

Overmax

My perspective on SFA is that almost every level of management approaches my responses in the Feedback portion as "Overmax's problems." I am not indicating how I replied in our meeting but my intent is to give cogent information for the human being that has to manage a group of men and women who are working their asses off every day.

Doesn't work -- I will either get a walk-by management by-the-way comment or the senior will ask to speak with me for a few moments to address my concerns. I have not given up hope that someone will understand my input is generalized and my intent is to fix a root cause, not be a squeaky wheel getting grease.

I'm an eternal optimist and I embrace the spirit of what the SFA intends to address but I quite clearly see every year it is an exercise in futility.

RTURNSONLY

Well, the SFA scores are in at my station and they couldn't be any lower, I mean, we are talking in the 20-30 range...ouchhh! They got what they deserved, nothing but a fair review. Each workgroup has met with the Senior but not with each group's manager yet. Mostly couriers' complaints and gripes where discussed, lots of notes taken by management, (as always), but no real positive change experienced as of yet. Everone's waiting to see what transpire, if anything. What ya'll can share from your respective's locations?

hypo hanna

No returns yet at my station. I did hear one of the dispatchers had to go to HR because the senior mgr tried to write him up for not taking the SFA.

Nolimitz

our station mgr's must be freaking out. They have started verbal TLA's regarding the stupid mid year FSA surveys... Mine is tomorrow at 0800

El Morado Diablo

our station mgr's must be freaking out. They have started verbal TLA's regarding the stupid mid year FSA surveys... Mine is tomorrow at 0800

The last time I was invited to participate in one of these meetings I refused. I told the manager I had neither the time nor the interest in helping them learn how to do their job better. I haven't been asked to do one since.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The last time I was invited to participate in one of these meetings I refused. I told the manager I had neither the time nor the interest in helping them learn how to do their job better. I haven't been asked to do one since.

Haven't heard a peep from ours, other than to tell some of us to cool it on the language while on the belt..lol