sabotage

UPSies

I work as a sorter and the primary sorters just like to randomly missort and when I complain they start flipping labels. I work in a pretty busy hub and it's bad enough we don't get the privilege of having the labels facing us, than they flip every package down. The ft was right there and this happens everyday, hub manager doesn't care either. I'm at a loss. It gets me so upset they get away with this that I would like to quit but ups is definitely worth the long haul

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I work as a sorter and the primary sorters just like to randomly missort and when I complain they start flipping labels. I work in a pretty busy hub and it's bad enough we don't get the privilege of having the labels facing us, than they flip every package down. The ft was right there and this happens everyday, hub manager doesn't care either. I'm at a loss. It gets me so upset they get away with this that I would like to quit but ups is definitely worth the long haul
Are you in the Union yet? If you are, just let it snowball downhill then and when they complain you can remind them that they didn't care to begin with so why start now.

UPSies

Nah those ones are the ones sending us all the crap. When we get it we all try our best to deal with it cuz we know it's not gonna stop.

UPSies

I care cuz the people sorting in front of me are all good sorters and if I give up I ruin their night and we all have to much respect for each other to just let it go to :censored2:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I care cuz the people sorting in front of me are all good sorters and if I give up I ruin their night and we all have to much respect for each other to just let it go to :censored2:
Slow waaay down to where you can do it perfect despite the flipped labels. Let that be what gets their attention then.

upschuck

You didn't ruin their day, the unloaders did. That is one reason they flip the labels, because they know you work like a madman to keep up.

UPSies

I wanna quit cuz those same dudes flipping labels ask me how my night went and than laugh about the whole situation. And their ft just is like oh yeah I don't know why they do this to you but you just have to deal with the circumstances your given...wtf who says that!!!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They laugh because they know it upsets you. The sooner you realize that you can't control what others do or don't do, the more stress free your life will be. Worry about doing YOUR best and leave the rest to others.

upschuck

I wanna quit cuz those same dudes flipping labels ask me how my night went and than laugh about the whole situation. And their ft just is like oh yeah I don't know why they do this to you but you just have to deal with the circumstances your given...wtf who says that!!!
Next time they do that, you can be the one laughing when you say, "I had the easiest day.........."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Easy slow down and shut off the belts. Bet their sup has them turning labels up real quick.

UPSies

Tried slowing down and stopping the belt but than they just move me to other areas I'm qualified in to many areas screwed myself on that

doodoobrwn

Sure quit and give someone your undeserved seniority people like you make me sick you give our younger generation a "bad slap" and make large corporations reconsider hiring us 20-25 year olds because you want to quit over some petty shiznit

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Sure quit and give someone your undeserved seniority people like you make me sick you give our younger generation a "bad slap" and make large corporations reconsider hiring us 20-25 year olds because you want to quit over some petty shiznit
Holy run on sentence.
UPS won't reconsider hiring younger people. This isn't a job a 45 year old can just jump into. If anything they've dumbed down the process over the years. There's not a whole lot of thinking when it comes to PT. I'm not saying this because I'm a sup and I think people are useless. I say it because smart scanners and PAL labels have removed a lot of the thinking that goes into the job. The hardest job today on the PT level is clerk, and that isn't even that bad.

OP you need to grow a wicked thick skin if you want to work here. It's annoying that they're flipping labels (and frankly a little childish) but if your sup doesn't care, neither should you. He's hurting himself by allowing that to happen.

doodoobrwn

Holy run on sentence.
UPS won't reconsider hiring younger people. This isn't a job a 45 year old can just jump into. If anything they've dumbed down the process over the years. There's not a whole lot of thinking when it comes to PT. I'm not saying this because I'm a sup and I think people are useless. I say it because smart scanners and PAL labels have removed a lot of the thinking that goes into the job. The hardest job today on the PT level is clerk, and that isn't even that bad.

OP you need to grow a wicked thick skin if you want to work here. It's annoying that they're flipping labels (and frankly a little childish) but if your sup doesn't care, neither should you. He's hurting himself by allowing that to happen.
Well that's why I work 2 jobs instead of going to school because I work not sit on my asphalt and be the grammar police... And how the hell can you say the clerk job is the hardest pt job have you ever worked on a boxline belt because it sure doesn't sound like it? SUPE!