Sad Day in the BOG (On Topic---please)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went to work this morning to find out that one of our preloaders had passed away last night. He was only 31 years old. He did have a problem with drugs and while no official cause of death has been released it is rumored that he passed away from an overdose of K-2. It's a shame that he was unable (or unwilling) to get the help that he so clearly needed. RIP Todd.

McGee

I found out a few days ago that heroin is the drug of choice for a lot of the rich kids on my route. You can get a hit for $5. Cheaper than weed. Crazy!

K2 is synthetic marijuana.

It got so bad here that the Legislature moved swiftly in 2012 to pass a law banning the sale or possession of it because kids were od-ing on it. You could go into a gas station and buy it.

T

Turdferguson

Went to work this morning to find out that one of our preloaders had passed away last night. He was only 31 years old. He did have a problem with drugs and while no official cause of death has been released it is rumored that he passed away from an overdose of K-2. It's a shame that he was unable (or unwilling) to get the help that he so clearly needed. RIP Todd.
Sorry to hear that we had a driver in our building who passed away from that a few months ago. He was in his late twenties

Whargoul

Yeah I've tried the synthetic marijuana before. It is very very strong and not like reg weed at all. You can't die from smoking reg marijuana unless you have some strange rare allergic reaction but this k-2 stuff will def kill you if you take too much. I thought my heart was going to explode from my chest like ALIEN honest to God.

Faceplanted

This is what happens when people can't legally get quality fair priced mj. Sorry to hear about it upstate.

Similar to people drinking ethanol and other terrible by products of alcohol production during the prohibition era

10 point

Legalizing drugs isn't a solution... it will just make bigger problems for the rest of us. People are going to keep looking in the wrong places to fill the void in their lives.
And the very thing that promises peace and an escape ends up controlling and can kill you.

Life is short enough without substance abuse making it shorter.