sad: More than three in five Americans wouldn’t have money in their savings accounts to pay for...

rickyb

I work for UPS part time unloading and i can definitely relate. Been blessed enough to have amazingly low rent but its not at all a situation where i have the ability to save large amounts of money. This is what happens when you live paycheck to paycheck like a lot of other hard working Americans. While its a noble and inspiring quality, i think its pure insanity to just say "well that just the way it is" and go on working while the factory burns down. It's like that for a reason, and that reason is to make other people rich at our expense, period. I dont think its fair i don't think its smart and i don't think it was ever meant to be sustainable. Now that the house of cards are steadily crashing down the question is what do we do now? Continue to work like dogs and just hope it goes away, or actually stand up and do something about it? I don't know about the rest of you but it was never in my DNA to quit and or accept bull:censored2: being thrown in my face. Contrary to popular belief that aint what being a real man is all about.

yea the father figure used to be the only one who had to go to work and could provide for his whole family i guess 60 years ago or more in america. now everyone is working and in debt.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
"Saving money is no answer"(smapple)

Then why does your kid, a business owner, need a loan multiple times to repair equipment to keep working?
Because they failed to save anything for a rainy day like they've been told for 20 years and mom and dad (who do save) can be hit up for the money.
Gotta save some!!!!
Because everyone they go to says no, except mom.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102377632
Where to stash your cash? Some Americans are sleeping on it—literally.

While banks are still the go-to solution for most consumers, 29 percent say they're keeping at least some savings in cash bills and coins, according to a new survey of 1,820 adults from American Express. Of those holding cash savings, 53 percent are hiding it in a secret location.

Millennials are even more apt than other generations to go the mattress or freezer route, with 67 percent of those saving cash saying that they hide it outside a bank account.

AmEx didn't ask where, exactly, that cash is stashed, but a 2012 Marist College survey of 1,080 adults found that the most popular place—with 27 percent of the vote—is the freezer. A little less than 20 percent of Americans hide cash in a sock drawer, while 11 percent put it under the mattress and 10 percent secure it in a cookie jar. Another 9 percent keep their cash somewhere else in the house.