Sad part is the driver will get blamed for this accident

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It is very hard to make a judgement without knowing what is in front of our guy--we don't know if he is stopping to make a delivery or stopping because of what we can't see. But, from what we can see, he is on a narrow divided two lane roadway with little to no room to pull over to the side of the road. He does not put his 4-ways on and stops suddenly, which leads me to believe he is either stopping because of what is in front of him (hopefully) or perhaps trying to get the rider to stop tailgating.
I think if u watch it he was probably a cover driver that missed his address then slammed on the brakes when he noticed and hoped to do a quick back up to pull in.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Here in Georgia if you rear end some one you are at fault,end of story. The motorcycle driver in this video wasnt paying attention ,and he paid the price. It's not a big surprise that our package cars make frequent stops either

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here in Georgia if you rear end some one you are at fault,end of story. The motorcycle driver in this video wasnt paying attention , he should have Expected the Unexpected

We all know that UPS does not alway go by what local law enforcement decides when they make their decision. The motorcyclist should be cited for following too closely and reckless operation of a motorcycle; unfortunately, our guy may also be cited for not using his 4-ways or for stopping in a roadway. Too hard to call without knowing what our guy saw out of his windshield.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I think the VIDEO will easily clear the UPS driver of any wrongdoing.

So many idiots out there both in cars and on bikes, this is why the methods are so important. Just playing devils advocate here, and I am in no way defending nor pointing fingers so do not go getting all pissy on me.

Questions:

1. Was the biker an idiot? LOL, ok this is a given!
2. Was the biker distracted? What was this idiot doing-trying to make a video? He was NOT paying attention.
3. Did our brother know he was there? In other words checking rear view every 5-8 seconds?
4. Why did our brother stop? Was this an intersection or a delivery?
4. Did our brother signal his/her intention well in advance if this was a delivery? This is a biggie in my opinion (you know what they say about opinions).

The biker looked down so the helmet cam doesn't see everything (idiot drivers out there being distracted are not confined to cars only) Right turn signal followed by hazzards, horn?. Yes the biker is at fault and should get a ticket we can ALL aggree on this. But we are professional drivers. 5 seeing habits in action. The biker was back there for over 5 secs just in the little video we saw so KEEP YOUR EYES MOVING would have given our brother information. COMMUNICATE IN TRAFFIC- Signaling your intention to stop where 99.9% of other drivers would not stop, thus alerting the biker to pull his head out of his arse. 4-WAY FLASHERS to alert this idiot to STFU in the video and PAY ATTENTION! Would the use of the horn have helped this maroon to realize he is about to get hurt, could he even have heard the horn over his mumblings? Could our driver have tapped his/her brakes to get this bikers attention before we did something the biker wasn't excecting (making a stop that wasn't at an intersection)

There is a difference in "at fault" and "avoidable/unavoidable" If our brother was stopping at an interesection or something in the road this would be damn near cut and dry and I hope the sup who can to investigate told the biker off for ruining our driver's day! If this was a delivery stop on a narrow, no passing zone road and with how quickly the ups truck went from full speed to a dead stop...I don't know.....we just do not have enough information!

Telematics is going to have some interesting information!

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
"the sun has no prisoners" whack! lol. That was awesome. I have to admit, I once had a teenager chasing my truck trying to hop on my bumper, he was running full speed. I could see him reaching and I then slammed on my brakes for a speed bump. Evil timing on my end but the loud thump had me laughing my ass off. His two friends walking with him fell to the ground laughing their ass off too. It had to hurt but I doubt he ever tried that again.

I did the same thing several years ago. No speed bump though, I just stabbed the brakes. A valuable lesson was taught that day.

barnyard

KTM rider
The guy is on a 'motard'. A dirtbike that is set up with street tires and big disc brakes. They are generally ridden very aggressively, on the one hand, on the other, they can outstop anything on the road.

As to why we did not see the driver in the vid, not enough time has passed. The driver stopped, got hit, still had to secure the vehicle, select the package, grab diad, walk out and see stupid MC dude laying on the ground.

I would imagine the unedited version has a very concerned driver approaching the idiot within 10 seconds of what we see of the vid.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am betting that is why it is edited out.

If the driver came out, yelling and swearing at said idiot, it would have been posted, not edited out.

rod

Retired 22 years
The guy is on a 'motard'. A dirtbike that is set up with street tires and big disc brakes. They are generally ridden very aggressively, on the one hand, on the other, they can outstop anything on the road.

As to why we did not see the driver in the vid, not enough time has passed. The driver stopped, got hit, still had to secure the vehicle, select the package, grab diad, walk out and see stupid MC dude laying on the ground.

I would imagine the unedited version has a very concerned driver approaching the idiot within 10 seconds of what we see of the vid.

Maybe the driver is hiding in the cab waiting for the moaning and growning to stop. Either that or the video continues on with the driver pulling into the driveway to finish his delivery because all he felt was a little bump and figured it wasn't anything more that his load shifting.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Another case of "put away your damn electronics and pay attention". I love when people are on my butt on my area and get aggravated when I slow down to make a delivery. That's what my purpose is people.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Another case of "put away your damn electronics and pay attention". I love when people are on my butt on my area and get aggravated when I slow down to make a delivery. That's what my purpose is people.
Yeah gotta love when they fly bye and honk. Like I'm just out for a cruise and by no means do I have any right to slow down and look at the addresses. Do people have any idea what the 4-way flashers even mean?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yeah gotta love when they fly bye and honk. Like I'm just out for a cruise and by no means do I have any right to slow down and look at the addresses. Do people have any idea what the 4-way flashers even mean?

They are the same people who will turn around and bitch up a storm if you happen to be a bit late delivering their package. People like that arent happy unless they have something to feel victimized about. The world revolves around them, you and I are just props on their stage.

Johney

It is very hard to make a judgement without knowing what is in front of our guy--we don't know if he is stopping to make a delivery or stopping because of what we can't see. But, from what we can see, he is on a narrow divided two lane roadway with little to no room to pull over to the side of the road. He does not put his 4-ways on and stops suddenly, which leads me to believe he is either stopping because of what is in front of him (hopefully) or perhaps trying to get the rider to stop tailgating.
I agree. For all we know there were kids running out from a blind spot or a car just backing out without looking. I know when this has happened to me(and others here I'm sure) I don't hit the flashers while braking fast. Just sayin.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do people have any idea what the 4-way flashers even mean?

One of the main streets on my route (2 lanes each way) goes through off-campus student housing. I had a delivery for one of the last houses before a traffic light so I put my 4 ways on about halfway down the block to alert the cars behind me that I would be stopping (there is no parking in this part of the street) up ahead. Secured the vehicle, got the package, walked around back--no problem. As I was walking back to the vehicle there was a car right on my bumper and 7 cars lined up behind that one. The other travel lane was completely clear. I walked around the vehicle, pointed to the flashing blinkers and went on my way.

Indecisi0n

One of the main streets on my route (2 lanes each way) goes through off-campus student housing. I had a delivery for one of the last houses before a traffic light so I put my 4 ways on about halfway down the block to alert the cars behind me that I would be stopping (there is no parking in this part of the street) up ahead. Secured the vehicle, got the package, walked around back--no problem. As I was walking back to the vehicle there was a car right on my bumper and 7 cars lined up behind that one. The other travel lane was completely clear. I walked around the vehicle, pointed to the flashing blinkers and went on my way.

Haha I love when cars ride my ass and then get stuck behind me when I go to make my delivery. Even better when it's a signature required.

HULKAMANIA

The people who are saying the driver slammed on his brakes I disagree. If you watch the video closely when the guy on the bike looked down while the driver was already braking. He had his head down for a full 2-3 seconds, and in that amount of time I would guess he was going 40 miles per hour you are gonna cover quite a bit of ground. 40 mph is what 58 ft a second, he shouldnt have taken his eyes off the road behind a vehicle that frequently stops all day long.

On another note those rear doors are HEAVY, if your cable spring assister has ever broken and you tried to lift that door you will find you pretty much cant do it. It looks to me he damaged that door pretty good with his noggin. Thank the good Lord he was wearing a helmet or I would venture to guess it may have been a fatality the way he smacked his head.