Sad

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
TONAWANDA, N.Y. (AP) -- Police say a FedEx loading dock worker is dead after a pallet loaded with more than a half-ton of packages fell on him at a western New York freight facility.

WIVB-TV reports (Worker crushed by packages at Town of Tonawanda FedEx facility ) police in Tonawanda say that the accident occurred around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday.

Police say the employee was crushed to death when a 1,300-pound pallet shifted and fell on him. The worker's name hasn't been released.

The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been notified.

Police say there is nothing suspicious about the accident.

FedEx officials expressed sympathy to the worker's loved ones and said they are cooperating with investigators.

___

This story has been corrected to show that deceased was a loading dockworker, not a truck driver.

Nimnim

The Nim
Does that make him any less dead and the actions that led to his death any less dangerous?

No, it doesn't make him any less dead, but the general public who apparently has no idea that there's more to a delivery service than the driver they see it does change the vision they probably had in their head.

I feel for the family of the victim though. As an irreg driver I'm used to heavy stuff, and I've been hit by more than the safety methods would allow if followed, but damn that's well over 5 times the weight of most things we encounter that we complain should have gone through freight.

I hope it was just a freak accident, but I'm sure some safety corners were cut for production, a sad loss off life for sure, and even more sad any changes to prevent this in the future will probably be ignored in 6 months.

MassWineGuy

This is absolutely horrible. My thoughts and sympathy to his family and friends. I'll be interested to see what OSHA discovers.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yikes, RIP such a bad way to go

Dont they have cameras everywhere these days? I know my current one has it all over the place, mainly to catch possible theft from the warehouse workers but itll probably stay internal