Safe Driver Honor Program

Babagounj

Strength through joy
“I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.”

As a P.M. Air Driver, I don't "qualify" for any kind of safe driving award.

I drive 100+ miles(city) daily.
Different vehicles almost daily.
75% of my time on road is after dark.
Different stops all the time.

This didn't bother me much for the first few years. I thought, "Keep your wallets and mini-maglights, I don't need them". But, after 10+ years the awards are looking better and better. Now it irks me.

I can say, that the "years of service" awards seem to be a lesser quality since UPS switched to TharpeRobbins last year. My "20 Years of Service" award is the only award I've ever recieved from UPS.

How much longer are we going to let the union & ups treat air drivers as second class citizens. We are required to work on holidays at straight rate , so we can never have long weekends, yet anyone else who works gets time & a half. We are forced to work and everyone else gets a reward, what kind of system is this ?
We drive more & longer than most others in our centers, especially within urban areas. Yet again no praise from the company.
I will always vote no for any contract until air drivers get equal status.

SmithBarney

I've seen "untouchable driver 2007" Front License plates on various UPS PCs
We didn't have this in our area before I left but they seem to have it in NC.

A

anonymous6

I let the wife make the selection every year an she enjoys the hell out of it. The way i figure it, she washes the uniforms , cooks my meals, prepares the lunches and puts up with the work bitchin.

Big Babooba

I let the wife make the selection every year an she enjoys the hell out of it. The way i figure it, she washes the uniforms , cooks my meals, prepares the lunches and puts up with the work bitchin.
I used to do that. now it's all MINE! MINE! ALL MINE!....HAHAHAHAHA!!!

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
How much longer are we going to let the union & ups treat air drivers as second class citizens. We are required to work on holidays at straight rate , so we can never have long weekends, yet anyone else who works gets time & a half. We are forced to work and everyone else gets a reward, what kind of system is this ?
We drive more & longer than most others in our centers, especially within urban areas. Yet again no praise from the company.

Every contract I propose to get rid of Article 40, but it always stays in. I guess everyone else likes it. Bid a delivery driver job when you have the chance, then you'll get paid time and half on holidays. Keep voting no maybe some day they will get rid of it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Impressive over9five...this challenges Upstate in regards to obsessive consecutive posting :funny:

over9five7consecutiveposts-1.gif

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Bid a delivery driver job when you have the chance, then you'll get paid time and half on holidays. .
If one works inside/inside they get time and a half if they wish to work on holidays. So why should air drivers be punished?

Until that is removed everyone can count on a NO vote from me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hoax, OCP is an actual illness for which I have been seeking treatment. My therapist said I should seek the advice of those who are self-important so look for a PM in your inbox soon.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax, OCP is an actual illness for which I have been seeking treatment. My therapist said I should seek the advice of those who are self-important so look for a PM in your inbox soon.

I don't feel self-important but I do enjoying hassling others.
Believe me I laugh more at myself than I do everyone else put together.
And, if you notice, I only hassle people I like. :happy-very:

For example, I rarely hassle my wife... plus she hits hard. :knockedout:

Last edited:
Don't EVER clap for a safe driver award..
You have saved the company the cost of a tier I, II,or III.
They should be clapping for you..
For what a flashlight or a clock.... yeah right...
But I guess they don't have to give us a darn thing....
Turkey gift certificate... Too lazy to take the time to make a call and have them at the center for us... LAME!!!!:sad2:

sano

Don't EVER clap for a safe driver award..
You have saved the company the cost of a tier I, II,or III.
They should be clapping for you..
For what a flashlight or a clock.... yeah right...
But I guess they don't have to give us a darn thing....
Turkey gift certificate... Too lazy to take the time to make a call and have them at the center for us... LAME!!!!:sad2:
Why would a person not applaud a co-worker getting home to his family safe?

Also, since when is saving the company money not a good thing? (although that is not the main reason I try to work safely.)

ja4079

ja4079
Jan 2 got my 25th yr of safe driving and started my 30th year of service going to try to go to 33 yrs and then call it quits! I made to the circle of honor, my best friend is in the circle of honor and says the awards night is pretty special looking forward to going.

New Englander

You don't do nearly the stops and as such have far higher chance of not having an accident.