Safe Driver Honor Program

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
You don't do nearly the stops and as such have far higher chance of not having an accident.

So the number of stops is the determining factor, when deciding who gets to participate in the Safe Driving Program?

What's the cutoff? 100 stops, 75, 50?

What about Feeder Drivers? Surely they deserve to be part of the program. UPS must not judge their eligibility on number of stops though.

What about a package driver in N.Y. City who might only drive 10 miles and service 1 or 2 large buildings. Does he/she get to participate?

It's my opinion that anyone who drives a UPS vehicle daily, on public streets, should be eligible to participate in the Safe Driving Program. :peaceful:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Jan 2 got my 25th yr of safe driving and started my 30th year of service going to try to go to 33 yrs and then call it quits! I made to the circle of honor, my best friend is in the circle of honor and says the awards night is pretty special looking forward to going.
congats to yah! that one hell of a milestone!:happy2:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
the more stops, the longer your STOPPED ! no soup for you!! I agree with baba gounji ,air drivers should get a safe drivers award as should the feeder shifters

Participants get soup too? :surprised: Dammit, now I really feel like I'm getting short-changed. :happy-very:

tae111

UPS is doing away with the gifts all together. Also the Circle of Honor banquets.I saw this in an internal e-mail today.

backinbrown

respect my authority
UPS is doing away with the gifts all together. Also the Circle of Honor banquets.I saw this in an internal e-mail today.

Should you be talking about internal e-mail after what stugs went through?

Big brown is watching you

Insert 9-5 avatar here

Bloodybrown

There will be no more recognition gifts given, due to the economic conditions. Individuals will still be recognized. The Circle of Honor dinners will continue. This announcement willl be made at Monday's PCM.

I'm pretty sure the determining factor for who qualifies for SDA is FT vs. PT. Isn't air driving considered PT?

Not saying it's right.
Don't feeder drivers qualify?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, I had to call about that certificate #. Turns out it's that really long number at the top of the letter. (14 characters). Why don't they just put "This is your certificate number" next to it???
Yes it was very cryptic, and then you had to click under the place where it says administrative use only. The guy said yes that didnt make sense. I just said not much thought put into this . I got the slow cooker. The milestone yrs have the best gifts, I got the digital camera at the time it was the Olympus, it wasnt a bad camera, but not the best. It had issues.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Should you be talking about internal e-mail after what stugs went through?

Big brown is watching you

Insert 9-5 avatar here
Was thinking the same thing.

tae111 is anonymous, seems safe.

Now as for me, what e-mail?
Note to self *Ask the moderator's and Cheryl if I can have 2 screen names, this one and an anonymous one.

There will be no more recognition gifts given, due to the economic conditions. Individuals will still be recognized. The Circle of Honor dinners will continue. This announcement willl be made at Monday's PCM.
I wonder if they'll catch me up on the 5 missed PCM's?

Yes it was very cryptic, and then you had to click under the place where it says administrative use only. The guy said yes that didnt make sense. I just said not much thought put into this . I got the slow cooker. The milestone yrs have the best gifts, I got the digital camera at the time it was the Olympus, it wasnt a bad camera, but not the best. It had issues.

I'll be the judge of that, I'm PM'ing you my home address, please ship it via UPS.:wink2:

upsgrunt

Steve,
Don't mean to be nosy, but what did you give for your camera? It absolutely takes the best pictures I've seen on here, or elsewhere. I'm sure the operator gets some credit, but I'm just curious what kind of money I have to put out for an outfit like you have.

Thanks,
another Steve

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Was thinking the same thing.

I wonder if they'll catch me up on the 5 missed PCM's? No you did not miss a thing.

I'll be the judge of that, I'm PM'ing you my home address, please ship it via UPS.:wink2:
OOPS SORRY I ALREADY PASSED IT ON. Then I lost my new one,,:sad-very: then I bought another one, I just bought a kodak easy share z1285, but i am having trouble with the software, and I would like to ask what photo editing program you use.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve,
Don't mean to be nosy, but what did you give for your camera? It absolutely takes the best pictures I've seen on here, or elsewhere. I'm sure the operator gets some credit, but I'm just curious what kind of money I have to put out for an outfit like you have.

Thanks,
another Steve
Answer is below.

OOPS SORRY I ALREADY PASSED IT ON. Then I lost my new one,,:sad-very: then I bought another one, I just bought a kodak easy share z1285, but i am having trouble with the software, and I would like to ask what photo editing program you use.

You just got this one, which is 179.95 at kodak.com I bought the second one below at Circuit City for $299.99 ( thought I paid less). Is now on kodak.com for 199.95. Bought mine in June 07 Haven't had any problems with this camera and I find it to be one of the best point and shoot camera's, I've ever owned.

June, I use the kodak easyshare software to upload my pictures, but use ulead/corel photoimpact to play with my pictures. That means, cropping,enhancing,redeye removal, etc...If this isn't help enough, just PM me with any questions and I'll be glad to help you.

HD quality at a price that clicks.

True HD quality—stunning pictures and video
12.0 MP for prints up to 30 × 40 in. (76 × 102 center manager)
5X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens
Elevate your high-definition experience with the KODAK EASYSHARE HDTV Dock
High ISO (up to 3200*)

M5557_EKN033025enZ712_FF_250x200.jpg

Superior performance. Superb picture quality.

12X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Optical Zoom Lens
Optical image stabilization
7.1 megapixels
Best-in-class* click-to-capture speed (0.26 sec.)
High ISO mode
KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology
KODAK Color Science Chip
High resolution 2.5 in. (6.4 center manager) color display

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Well this just sucks? When the hell was UPS gonna tell me? I haven't been in a PCM for 5 years, and only see my direct supervisor once a year when he comes down to ride with me. The center team ignores me(great most of the time).:angry: