SAFE DRIVING AWARDS? Well what happened to the gift catalog?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just got my 10 years. But now My HUB has no more gift catalogs! BooHoo!!! Anyone else experiencing this?:sad-little:

Where have you been?! The safe driving program was put on hold some time ago.

BTW, they have also changed the Sales Lead award program, mgt lost their 401k match and raises, and the AMTs are talking strike just in time for Peak.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just got my 10 years. But now My HUB has no more gift catalogs! BooHoo!!!
Anyone else experiencing this?:sad-little:

Where have you been?! The safe driving program was put on hold some time ago.

Don't sweat it SLeDHeaD. I know keeping up with the Mud Hens is pretty absorbing.

As cost cutting measures, IE has decreed that all award programs have been suspended indefinitely, driver's must work at least 10.5 hours per day and supervisors must do hourly union work for at least one hour per day.

SLeDHeaD

PLEASE DON'T ASK!
I really don't keep up with to much @ UPS I come in do my job the best I can
punch out and find out the next day I was about a buck over! LOL

upsgrunt

I got my 20 year safe driving award today. I figured I'd at least get to choose a gift from the catalog for that, but I guess not.
Thanks UPS, I feel so appreciated right now, I could vomit.

upsgrunt

What's a center get gigged for a tier 1 accident?
I mean, if its $5000, and I didn't have 1 a year for 20 years, that's $100,000 I saved UPS, and they can't spring for a $100 watch?
I'm bitter

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I got my 20 year safe driving award today. I figured I'd at least get to choose a gift from the catalog for that, but I guess not.
Thanks UPS, I feel so appreciated right now, I could vomit.

Come now, they used the color xerox machine for your certificate. What more could you expect?

Sent using a Potato

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I mean, if its $5000, and I didn't have 1 a year for 20 years, that's $100,000 I saved UPS, and they can't spring for a $100 watch?
I'm bitter
My crystal ball says you won't get anything next year either.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
the only gift catalog left is the 25 years of service. i just hit that last week and got this delivered yesterday.

15907389_LRG.jpg

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm bitter

Where as I agree with you, that UPS should bring back the rewards for safe driving (it's nice to know you're appreciated), but screw it....drag your feet a bit, get an extra 3 hours of OT, and then go buy your own watch

DOH!!! Didn't realize he bumped a 5 year old thread....like, lame-o

brostalss

I agree that hard and safe work needs to be rewarded. Taking the safe driver reward program out sucks. Gotta wait until 25 for the Jacket and parking space.

Funny how no matter what year of safe driving there was always a clock radio or flashlight to pick.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
BTW, you also get to pick something from a gift catalog when you retire, at least you down here in the South. Some of the stuff was pretty nice, but nothing I wanted. I let my son pick out a birthday gift and he chose a $230.00 pair of maui jim sunglasses