SAFE DRIVING AWARDS? Well what happened to the gift catalog?

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
the only gift catalog left is the 25 years of service. i just hit that last week and got this delivered yesterday.

15907389_LRG.jpg

I got the Bose headphones,for my 25th. They still work good.

So I really do have something to look forward to this next year? My 25th is coming up in a few months. I just assumed no one got awards anymore.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Bottom line, ups was better off to continue the awards catalog to keep a little incentive going.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
What irks me is UPS having record profits and high upper management gives themselves huge bonuses yet won't spring for a ten dollar flashlight for a safe driver.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
UPS proves, once again, that they really don't care about us. Never did, never will. We are just an ass in the seat and a number on a piece of paper. So why should we care about them?

I know, it's a paycheck.

overallowed

UPS proves, once again, that they really don't care about us. Never did, never will. We are just an ass in the seat and a number on a piece of paper. So why should we care about them?

I know, it's a paycheck.
It's just a job. You have to supply your own "warm and fuzzy". If you think you are an "under paid slave", find a place with better pay and benefits, and let me know where it is. I'll be there with you.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's just a job. You have to supply your own "warm and fuzzy". If you think you are an "under paid slave", find a place with better pay and benefits, and let me know where it is. I'll be there with you.
I agree. But at least when we got the safe driving awards, they at least made it "look" like they cared.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I know, it's a paycheck.
Totally true...just because we use to get a turkey and a bbq now and then doesn't mean that they ever valued us as employees...so many people reminisce about the good old days and I really never saw a good ups working environment

box_beeyotch

I dont know about the higher ups in the company and quite honestly could care less what I am or am not to them. My management team in my center takes pretty good care of us. We have had hot breakfast everyday in the morning this week. All depends on who's running your center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bottom line, ups was better off to continue the awards catalog to keep a little incentive going.

I would personally like to see the safe driving awards program brought back on a more limited basis. Rather than honoring years 1-30 (or more) I would prefer that they focus on the milestone years (5, 10, 15.....30).