Safe Driving & Years of Service Awards

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Has anyone else noticed how crappy our awards have become? I can remember years ago browsing through the catalog looking at the 10, 15, and 20 year awards and thinking how nice they were and I couldn't wait to get to the point where I could order one of them. I am now approaching the 20 years of service level and cannot believe how cheap the gifts are. They used to give away large tv's, inflatable boats, power tools, etc and now it's just a bunch of cheap jewelery, household appliances, and no-name brand electronics, and (this tops it off) porcelain figurines!
The past few safe driving awards I have received, I just handed my wife the catalog and told her to choose what she would like since I'm not into jewelery, cheap watches, and crystal vases.
Any comments on this?

over9five

Staff member
Several years ago I got a Dewalt 10" compound mitre saw. It's incredible, I love it, AND....... it was free!

But the awards for in between years DO suck.

over9five

Staff member
"years ago on the odd years you would get a wallet besides a cheap award"

And that was great. Something you would use every day.

tieguy

Banned
Has anyone else noticed how crappy our awards have become? I can remember years ago browsing through the catalog looking at the 10, 15, and 20 year awards and thinking how nice they were and I couldn't wait to get to the point where I could order one of them. I am now approaching the 20 years of service level and cannot believe how cheap the gifts are. They used to give away large tv's, inflatable boats, power tools, etc and now it's just a bunch of cheap jewelery, household appliances, and no-name brand electronics, and (this tops it off) porcelain figurines!
The past few safe driving awards I have received, I just handed my wife the catalog and told her to choose what she would like since I'm not into jewelery, cheap watches, and crystal vases.
Any comments on this?

I was browsing around the last time I recieved an award and checked out the 45 year awards. Some real nice stuff there and all the incentive I need to hang around the extra 12 years.:thumbup1:

diesel96

I was browsing around the last time I recieved an award and checked out the 45 year awards. Some real nice stuff there and all the incentive I need to hang around the extra 12 years.:thumbup1:

Dude,It seems like UPS has been in your blood for a lot of years.And I'm sure you've aquired lucretive assets,I would take the money and run!Enjoy retirement say at 35/40yrs.Travel,Fish'golf enjoy the grandkids or whatever but don't hang around UPS for an award,you can easily buy it.Life is to short.AARP is calling.

stealth8

Any comments on this?

Funny that upon returning home this afternoon this would be one of the topics being discussed on the Cafe. I would like to share with you what my day was like yesterday. My wife and I arrived at a 5 star resort for a 4pm check-in,and had a first -class room. At 6pm we mingled and had drinks and hors d'oeuvres until 7pm. We then entered a ballroom and sat down and had a wonderful dinner which consisted of filet mignon and chicken marsella served with roasted potatos and veggies. With coffee we had a nice lemon cake desert. After the meal we were entertained by a comic group for an hour. The rest of the evening was open bar with music until 11pm.

What was the ocassion?? I was inducted into the Circle of Honor for my 25yrs of safe driving! I got my gold blazer and a huge bag of gifts, and my wife was given a dozen yellow roses during the gala. Along with 8 other inductees and current Circle of Honor members, we had a great time. The company paid for everything including the room for the night. It was an evening that I will soon not forget, and I thank UPS for it. Cheers! Stealth8

Channahon

Funny that upon returning home this afternoon this would be one of the topics being discussed on the Cafe. I would like to share with you what my day was like yesterday. My wife and I arrived at a 5 star resort for a 4pm check-in,and had a first -class room. At 6pm we mingled and had drinks and hors d'oeuvres until 7pm. We then entered a ballroom and sat down and had a wonderful dinner which consisted of filet mignon and chicken marsella served with roasted potatos and veggies. With coffee we had a nice lemon cake desert. After the meal we were entertained by a comic group for an hour. The rest of the evening was open bar with music until 11pm.

What was the ocassion?? I was inducted into the Circle of Honor for my 25yrs of safe driving! I got my gold blazer and a huge bag of gifts, and my wife was given a dozen yellow roses during the gala. Along with 8 other inductees and current Circle of Honor members, we had a great time. The company paid for everything including the room for the night. It was an evening that I will soon not forget, and I thank UPS for it. Cheers! Stealth8

Congratulations on your Circle of Honor achievement. You'll have another great moment when your name appears in the USA TODAY.

tieguy

Banned
Dude,It seems like UPS has been in your blood for a lot of years.And I'm sure you've aquired lucretive assets,I would take the money and run!Enjoy retirement say at 35/40yrs.Travel,Fish'golf enjoy the grandkids or whatever but don't hang around UPS for an award,you can easily buy it.Life is to short.AARP is calling.

I hope you're kidding cause I was.:thumbup1:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Several years ago I got a Dewalt 10" compound mitre saw. It's incredible, I love it, AND....... it was free!

But the awards for in between years DO suck.

I love my Dealt compound miter saw and the Delta drillpress, that is my favorite that I use often. For my twenty-fifth year, I took the UPS "Class Ring". The in between year gifts are lame, a few years I didn't even bother choosing anything.

Congratulations to Stealth8 on the big twenty-five year safe driving award. Very hard to earn, I know I won't get it. You're one of the best.:thumbup1: