Safe Work Days My Ass

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Good moderators would not encourage off topic comments on a discussion forum.
Good moderators would seek on topic discussion,
Possibly you are not aware that I am the worlds worst moderator!

No I am not a child molester. (Very inappropriate comment by you)
I'm glad to hear that and it was a question, not a comment.
I will take child molestation off your attributes list.
Hoaxster,

I was not aware of that. I thank you for your honesty.

Thank you for correcting that and removing that from my attributes list.

Sincerely,
I

There are other things on your attribute list that concern me.

I may be asking you about those in the future.

There are other things on your attribute list that concern me.

I may be asking you about those in the future.

20131011_165731.jpgHow in the world did...INTEGERTY get into my DIAD??
20131011_165731.jpg

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
HELP!!! I'm being sent to a safety committee meeting for our work area and I've never been to one. Mind you, I consider UPS Safety as an oxymoron so I am not exactly walking into this from a positive perspective. Does UPS take these things seriously?

How do you ensure things like broken equipment gets documented in these meetings to ensure there is a "fix by" date committed to? Prime example being the safety "bumpers" on the end of the belt extenders that come into a trailer that are supposed to retract the belt if you get trapped between the belt and a falling wall - over 50% of our are non-functional. Yes, I have a list of which doors have broken safety bumpers. Thoughts?

Use the words "safety grievance" in a safety committee meeting and watch the upper management members start to scramble. I attend the ones for my sort because I'm the only shop steward willing/able to go, 90% of the time it's a dog and pony show.. but occasionally, some of the veteran guys will come in and talk **** and that makes it worth attending.

IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U,

Integrity is everywhere, it (he) is at the core of all we do at UPS.

The question is are you working with Integrity or you working against him.

I suspect you are against him.

Sincerely,
I

Im a suspect? Am I a criminal?...come on....you can do better than that! Captain Underpants!...Are you wearing a thong??....lmao

Integrity

Binge Poster
Im a suspect? Am I a criminal?...come on....you can do better than that! Captain Underpants!...Are you wearing a thong??....lmao
IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U,

This is the definition of the word suspect that I am using in my post.

3. to believe to be the case or to be likely or probable; surmise:

I don't know if you are a suspect.

I don't know if you are a criminal.

It is Integrity, not Captain Underpants.

No, I am not currently wearing a thong.

Sincerely,
I

IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U,

This is the definition of the word suspect that I am using in my post.

3. to believe to be the case or to be likely or probable; surmise:

I don't know if you are a suspect.

I don't know if you are a criminal.

It is Integrity, not Captain Underpants.

No, I am not currently wearing a thong.

Sincerely,
I

Going comando?

cynic

Use the words "safety grievance" in a safety committee meeting and watch the upper management members start to scramble. I attend the ones for my sort because I'm the only shop steward willing/able to go, 90% of the time it's a dog and pony show.. but occasionally, some of the veteran guys will come in and talk **** and that makes it worth attending.

That's what I'm talking about - saying things like "safety grievance". Safety at UPS has been nothing more than lip service and creating a paper trail to show we have been "trained" in the proper methods in case of a law suit. (Most lawsuits never see the court room - settled out of court with non-disclosures as it keeps any company out of the news feeds.) I want things fixed and I'm willing to do anything legal and within the contract to completely rock their world - including grievances and OSHA. Guidance is much appreciated.

I am fearful it will wind up being, as you say, a dog and pony show.

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's what I'm talking about - saying things like "safety grievance". Safety at UPS has been nothing more than lip service and creating a paper trail to show we have been "trained" in the proper methods in case of a law suit. (Most lawsuits never see the court room - settled out of court with non-disclosures as it keeps any company out of the news feeds.) I want things fixed and I'm willing to do anything legal and within the contract to completely rock their world - including grievances and OSHA. Guidance is much appreciated.

I am fearful it will wind up being, as you say, a dog and pony show.
cynic,

If you want to see how far off the Committees are and how the hourly members and the Local Union Officials actually assist management in the cover up then get a copy of the little known about and lesser distributed Committee Member Handbook.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
cynic,

If you want to see how far off the Committees are and how the hourly members and the Local Union Officials actually assist management in the cover up then get a copy of the little known about and lesser distributed Committee Member Handbook.

Sincerely,
I

This book is not authorized to be distributed to just anyone.

They must know the secret handshake and password.

Do you know the secret handshake and password?

cynic

cynic,

Sincerely,
I

Where would I obtain a copy of the Committee Member Handbook? I'd love to get one!