Safe Work Methods Mystery Phrases

MassWineGuy

The UPS safety handouts contain some many things for which I absolutely have no clue what they mean. For a brand new call tag you can call your own, place on the mantle or pass down to your children, who can tell me what this means?:

Lifting and Lowering Saftey tip: Never get caught in the double play.

All I can figure is they're warning me not to steal second if David Ortiz is playing first.

over9five

Staff member
It means not to do two unsafe things at the same time.
Like not bending at the knee while not holding a box in your power zone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The UPS safety handouts contain some many things for which I absolutely have no clue what they mean. For a brand new call tag you can call your own, place on the mantle or pass down to your children, who can tell me what this means?:

The double play is when you try to perform an unsafe maneuver at the end-range of motion. For example, trying to lift a 5 lb object at arm's length away from the body exerts the same force as lifting a 15 lb object close to your body. Pulling the object close to your power zone eliminates the double play.

All I can figure is they're warning me not to steal second if David Ortiz is playing first.
Don't get caught with two women at the same time???

Remove cell phones before all activities.

Before driving a UPS vehicle or interacting with two women?

If that post had come from any other BC member I would have gone straight to the women. But A.J. is confusing. I'm thinking...............She is safety conscious............but then again she does have her kinky side............

upschuck

Never seen any of those things.

I don't think they really want you to know what everything means so when something does happen, they can say you weren't working by the methods.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Before driving a UPS vehicle or interacting with two women?

If that post had come from any other BC member I would have gone straight to the women. But A.J. is confusing. I'm thinking...............She is safety conscious............but then again she does have her kinky side............
Both.
Cell phone -why risk a DOT violation and break company rule.
No unauthorized passengers and certainly not two of them with cellphones.

Remember, the company could record everything but really, why bother when the public is already looking for thier 15 minutes of fame and catching a UPS driver violating any rule or acting in an unethical manner is a guaranteed 15 minutes in the spot light.