Safety Audit/Ketter question?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When I was loading and an auditor came by to ask a question, I would stop the belt, let packages fall all over, leading to the PT sup freaking out. I just told them I wasn't able to focus on two things at the same time SAFELY. The auditor was moved on to the next person... I do the same thing in unload. Stop the belt, step out of the trailer so I'm not hit by a Jenga wall of packages so I can give my "undivided attention" to the auditor... bye bye...
I appreciate that you value safety, moreso than most. Inside the bldg and also on-road, I find 10 pt commentary 8 keys, whichever ones, to be distracting and distraction can cause injury. I believe it's called a "double-play" by UPS, but they fail to recognize that when it's convenient to the efficiency of operations.

Double-play = double-standard. ;)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I got pulled in the office once for not doing too well on a Ketter. The center manager thought I was tanking on purpose.

cynic

I got pulled in the office once for not doing too well on a Ketter. The center manager thought I was tanking on purpose.

You mean the center manager didn't give you the printed answers to read to the Ketter folks? I don't know how the majority of people could complete their CSA's without the answer key being laid out in front of them to copy. Our annual "training" consists of going into the FT sup's office and signing all the training rosters to indicate we've completed all our classes/training successfully...

browntroll

i try to avoid the safety audit ppl whenever possible. only thing i dont understand is im given the answers for the computer
test but im not allowed to read of the paper when im getting questioned in audit. not that its hard to remember but when
i first started it was only 8 keys now its a whole page for all the areas im not even in.

Loyal Teamster

When UPS sends representatives to do Ketter/safety audits-- what is my obligation? I mean they "randomly select" us and force us to answer their questions-- but are we obligated to? I don't recall anything in the contact that was agreed to regarding this issue.

UPS fired a driver at my building and when he was trying (and succeeding) to get his job back-- they tried to use everything that he had ever signed in the past against him. So I quit signing anything, including safety rides. I only sign DOT required documents. I've been told 2 different stories-- that the fact that he did sign them actually helped him get his job back and that it didn't matter-- but I don't sign anything until I know for sure which is the safest course of action to take.

So when the auditors stop me to answer those questions, my question is-- do I have to? FYI, I got a 100% the last time I had to answer to an auditor a couple of years ago-- so I know them fairly well, I just don't want to have to answer them. When they stop me, can I politely refuse? I asked my steward about this issue and he said it was a good question-- but he didn't have an answer-- so I'm asking here.

Snake

As a preloader,
when ketter came to my center i didn't want too answer any questions.
So when I saw then on the other side of my penn, I set a 5lb box on the floor. When they got close, I got near the package, grabbed opposite ends & lifted in a slow & steady motion with a straight back.
The guy said"Great Lift" and kept walking.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Had a Keter weenie come up to me one time with his clipboard while I was doing my paperwork and getting ready to clock off.

Rather than make a scene, I told him "sure, just let me hang this DIAD up and use the bathroom real quick, and I will be right back to take the test. I reaaally have to go bad, it will only take a second."

So (unbeknownst to him) I clocked my DIAD out and then went into the bathroom....which happens to have a second entrance that opens up behind the auto shop for the mechanics to use. I took a leak, left through the back door, and walked behind the auto shop and out the front gate to safety.

I have always wondered how long that schmuck stood there waiting for me.....

oldngray

nowhere special
Had a Keter weenie come up to me one time with his clipboard while I was doing my paperwork and getting ready to clock off.

Rather than make a scene, I told him "sure, just let me hang this DIAD up and use the bathroom real quick, and I will be right back to take the test. I reaaally have to go bad, it will only take a second."

So (unbeknownst to him) I clocked my DIAD out and then went into the bathroom....which happens to have a second entrance that opens up behind the auto shop for the mechanics to use. I took a leak, left through the back door, and walked behind the auto shop and out the front gate to safety.

I have always wondered how long that schmuck stood there waiting for me.....

He might still be there waiting ...

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I flunked a safety committee member audit recently. The auditor said something along the lines of: "Oooh, you're the first person to not know the answers. That's not a good place to be in."

I laughed at her until she walked away.

bitter to the bone

When keter comes into my area, I just tell my supe I have to use the bathroom so I am not the one that has to answer the questions. I know the answers to the 5 keys and 8 keys etc but I don't feel like playing or listening to Keter BS. And by the way while I am in the bathroom I do use the facilities so it's not a wasted trip. Works for me :happy:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When keter comes into my area, I just tell my supe I have to use the bathroom so I am not the one that has to answer the questions. I know the answers to the 5 keys and 8 keys etc but I don't feel like playing or listening to Keter BS. And by the way while I am in the bathroom I do use the facilities so it's not a wasted trip. Works for me :happy:

My kids used to do whatever they could to get out of doing their chores. Thankfully they are both adults now and have learned to accept whatever challenges they encounter rather than running to the bathroom to hide.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My kids used to do whatever they could to get out of doing their chores. Thankfully they are both adults now and have learned to accept whatever challenges they encounter rather than running to the bathroom to hide.
A challenge? Keter audits are a giant pile of ***p....the bathroom seems like a perfectly fitting place to hide.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I made my kids do chores, it was stuff that actually mattered like feeding the dogs, emptying the dishwasher, or vacuuming the carpets. I didnt make them continually dig holes and refill them again, or move the same pile of firewood to a different spot in the backyard every day so that I could pretend that I was being a good parent.

Sent using BrownCafe App