Safety Audit/Ketter question?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's a lot easier to just remember the DOK garbage and spit it out when ask then they will move on to the next person. Your spending more time trying to find a way of not having to answer the questions then it would be to remember the garbage.

Keter is not UPS they are a private company that UPS has contracted with to do safety Audits as result of a settlement with the government years back due to UPS high accident / injury rates. It was either pay a large fine each year or hire keter. They choose to hire keter.

It would be in your best interest to just answer the keter person question to the best of your ability when on the clock. Then again is you like would like to have a large bulls eyes on your for the foreseeable future go right ahead and decline to answer.

If you really don't want to have to answer any question then don't walk into the building till 1 minute before your punch in time and when you come back avoid anyone and everyone that not a driver.
upsguy72 is correct about Keter and the settlement but he left out one major element. For all of you, including me when I was working, that hate this DOK garbage, just look in the mirror for the answer as to who is responsible for it. It was the Teamsters who brought this up to OSHA which resulted in the settlement which forced the DOK garbage which everyone has been bitching about for a couple of decades.

i try to avoid the safety audit ppl whenever possible. only thing i dont understand is im given the answers for the computer
test but im not allowed to read of the paper when im getting questioned in audit. not that its hard to remember but when
i first started it was only 8 keys now its a whole page for all the areas im not even in.
When in doubt, get out.

some1else

First the audit is for ups horrible safety record- not for you so do your best and dont worry.

I can remember things better if i repeat them and it jogs my memeory.

Aim high...

Aim high in steering...

Aim high in steering uh ...

Repeat until they give up. No time limit and i thats how i remember things after 5 or ten minutes and your still working through the first thing they asked they will send you along

All I do is look at my super with a :censored2: eating grin on my face and say, "let me get this straight. You get your ass chewed out if we fail and I will still get paid the same either way? Sounds good to me" strange how they have never asked me questions.

If rule #1 is don't back then why are there 9 more to follow? This is why I just laugh and shake my head at this nonsense. I just can't take a single thing they say about safety seriously. I have 200 stops a day and I am allowed 4 backs a day.....my first 3 stops are dock stops which are also pickups later. "Be safe and do us a favor and just neutral drift in reverse to make the numbers" are an example of some of the texts I get from management. Ketter is simply a tool for ups to be able to make the liability of safety on us because we were told to be safe. They use selective logic when more backing yields a higher risk of an accident but higher stop counts don't affect injury risk. And oh, on a side note....... Is it me or is this company turning into a dikefest that has no idea what family obligation is?