safety audit

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by gummup, Jul 10, 2012.

1. gummup

gummup New Member

We flunked our safety audit. Big deal. A bunch of overpaid windbags said we weren't doing it right. Let's see them do it. Let's see one of these useless saftey auitors go out and run a route all day and not make a mistake. They can talk the talk, let's see them walk the walk. They can't. The fact that they even drew a salary means they're not paying me enough.
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

These guys know the real deal. That's why they call them ketter.
  3. uber

uber Guest

At my building, auditors are like bigfoot. Always hear about em, never see them.
  4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We memorize all kinds of crap and hit more stuff then ever. Couldn't be the work expectations.
  5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

When I was crawling under the shelves dragging out one package at a time I thought to myself today I sure wish someone would show me how to safely remove these in my power zone lol. Probably would of told me to remove all the packages in the middle of the truck to safely get to them. Yeah ok let me take these 80 packages out of the way to get to those last 4 back there. Then tomorrow wtf you were 2 hours over.

Man you are spot on! I have thought the same things countless times.
  7. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Just because you know them, doesn't mean you use them. Its all crap ! Mgmt in my building dispatch the guys who know it, to get them in early so we usually do well for the audits.
  8. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Those who cant do it...manage it.

Those who cant manage it...audit it.
  9. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

some of it's useful, some of it's not
  10. BCFan

BCFan Active Member

Just tell 'em you are not good at memorization,however you practice safety in all elements of your day,or offer to let them audit the heat rash between your legs and ask them what can WE do about that condition. BC
  11. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

You know, when you really get down to the nitty gritty, we get paid the same if we flunk the audit or if we pass the audit.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

This pretty much sums up the mediocrity of a union job.
  13. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I can even do better!

It's usually possible to get paid MORE when you flunk an audit. They'll have everyone come in early the next couple days to brush up on things.

Flunk audit = Cha ching!
  14. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Most safety people are just paid observers (book people ) they would break a nail by their 5th stop and a sweat at their first stop !!
  15. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Remove the shelf.
  16. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

You dont strike me as the mediocre type. Whats keeping you here?
  17. splozi

splozi Guest

Don't a lot of you sweat right after looking at your load every morning?
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The mediocre pay and benefits.:wink2:
  19. clarnzz

clarnzz Member

Crazy thing at our center, people always bitched and complained that we shouldn't be forced to study on our own time. Our center manager actually starts every driver 15 minutes early one day a week and we code it as safety meeting and we go over it. I'm actually about 90% compliant on it now! Know it for the most part but trip up here and there. Always the 5 seeing habits.....
  20. clarnzz

clarnzz Member

start, stop, 123, 46, 68, 812, pusse
    All gorillas kill little monkeys.

How hard is it? :)