Safety awards given

john346

No more Brown!
I just recieved my Bob Mackie duffel bag on wheels. Nice bag. I will use it as my carry on when we fly to Puerto Vallarta this summer.
Vallarta in the summer?? You Arizona folks must like it hot! It's a fun place, my wife & I have been there twice, I have an Uncle who lives there & gives us the info on places to stay away from for being too "touristy" if that's a word.

browniehound

Not sure where the idea is coming from.Not from my manager though.

It was a joke Looper, thats why I put the smiley face with the wink at the end of my post. Am I misunderstanding you?

Of course your center manager is not going to bribe his/her drivers (they don't make enough $$) to hide injuries.

My guess is the driver will think about the gift for working safe and try to do so more than if there was no incentive or maybe he will not report that small tweak in his arm.

I actually feel a little insulted by these incentives. I want to work injury and accident free for MYSELF, so I come home in one piece. I don't undestand how $25 would change my thinking. If I get hurt it will cost me much more than 25 bucks.

The incentive should be for your own well-being. Injury= not working, which means losing hundreds/week. Accidents= headaches, risks to people's lives and limbs, and too many will get you off road.

I want to work safe for my own selfish reasons, just as UPS wants me to do it for their sake. As someone most of us know once said "Its not personal Sonny, Its strictly business".

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Vallarta in the summer?? You Arizona folks must like it hot! It's a fun place, my wife & I have been there twice, I have an Uncle who lives there & gives us the info on places to stay away from for being too "touristy" if that's a word.
This is our first trip. We are going with friends that have a condo and have gone every year for the last 15. I am excited. I already have reservations for the canopy tour. We pretty much have half of our vacation planned and the other half is for what ever comes up. 10 days in heaven. WOOHOO

DS

Fenderbender
dill,watch out for the sand fleas,jellyfish,snapping turtles,and the tree ticks,...ok I'm just jealous...

john346

No more Brown!
This is our first trip. We are going with friends that have a condo and have gone every year for the last 15. I am excited. I already have reservations for the canopy tour. We pretty much have half of our vacation planned and the other half is for what ever comes up. 10 days in heaven. WOOHOO

Just be certain to one evening walk the Moluccan, it is amazing, everyone is out till late drinking, eating, vendors, and generally the mountain people do their high rope thing from this tall tower. Your friends should have this down already, but it is a blast. If you want to go snorkeling near the arches, we have the good deal info on that as well if you want any. We are pretty jealous too. Cheers!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Just be certain to one evening walk the Moluccan, it is amazing, everyone is out till late drinking, eating, vendors, and generally the mountain people do their high rope thing from this tall tower. Your friends should have this down already, but it is a blast. If you want to go snorkeling near the arches, we have the good deal info on that as well if you want any. We are pretty jealous too. Cheers!
Send me info. I LOVE WATER. I would love to go snorkeling. I know we will be doing at least 1 day on a ponga. and I am seriously going to look into a swim with the dolphins, depending on how much it will cost. We are looking at this as a once in a life time so pretty much all options are on the table.

helenofcalifornia

You know what is irritating about those safe driving awards is the postcard you get every other week (it seems) reminding you to order from the catalog. Well, obviously you haven't ordered because the stuff is mostly not phone call-worthy to place the order.

john346

No more Brown!
Send me info. I LOVE WATER. I would love to go snorkeling. I know we will be doing at least 1 day on a ponga. and I am seriously going to look into a swim with the dolphins, depending on how much it will cost. We are looking at this as a once in a life time so pretty much all options are on the table.
If you have your own gear (if you dont, I'd buy at least a mask & snorkle that fit), you can rent fins.
For twenty peso's each (like two dollars), you catch a bus going south to Mismaloya beach. Hop off there & as you are walking to the left of the hotel there down the road towards the ocean. There are water taxi guy's that will kinda bug you, but we don't mind haggeling with them & hired a fellow who took four of us out by the arches, for as long as we wanted for 350 pesos ($35). He even scuba dove down to tie off the boat rather than throw an anchor & damage the reef. Then dove down & brought over a small squid for us to play with. We were out ther for like an hour & a half, it was way better than a tour boat. Scom a couple of bags of crackers from a restaraunt & make a small hole so you can "puff" out some to the fish, & you'll be a hit!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Our safety guy did a drawing last year. (He also happens to be a driver.) Every one had to fill out the space and vis questionaire. Everyone who filled it out right had their names put into a hat. There were about 8/10 items to be given away. He picked the winners, literally. He picked the names to put in the hat. He drew out the names. There were the same number of names as there were gifts. I know of at least 2 drivers names that weren't in the hat, one of them being mine. I know I did the space and vis correct. That is pretty bad when you can't trust one of your own to be honest. Pathetic.