Safety Compliance.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If you hadn't have gotten injured do you think you would have changed your unsafe habits?

That's a good question. I guess as with all things, time changes things. But I guess we'll never really know. I mean, from where my head is at right now, I'd have changed, but I'm only here because I actually slowed down for the injury. Hmmmm?

LastBest&Final

To Endeavor To Persevere
Safety compliance, though boring as hell, is necessary.
It's necessary for a couple of reasons.
1: It cover UPS's, you know what.
2: It gives drivers/inside workers guidelines for safe behavior.

Sure it matters when something bad happens, but until then, it doesn't matter really matter to most people. You were right when you said the number one reason for safety compliance and a safety committee is to cover UPS's, you know what. The sad part about it is that it don't even do that. They go thought the steps but wont enforce it. Someone will win a law suit for enough cash and maybe then the company will take the steps nessary to protect its empolyees from harm.

I only can control my self and try to set a good example for others to follow. I don't joke about working safe and follow the metholds the best that I can. It all about your attitude!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Working until 7:45 in an ice storm after giving away an hour and twenty minutes of work when drivers are laid off shows me UPS commitment to safety. It's just words and games. I can do whatever they ask of me. I can't guarantee I can do it safely.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The company preaches safety but, by God, don't let your SPORH go down or your overallow go up.

Working until 7:45 in an ice storm after giving away an hour and twenty minutes of work when drivers are laid off shows me UPS commitment to safety. It's just words and games. I can do whatever they ask of me. I can't guarantee I can do it safely.

Very good posts. This is exactly what I wanted, feedback, negative and positive. Keep it coming, and let's see what we figure out here.

outta hours

That's a good question. I guess as with all things, time changes things. But I guess we'll never really know. I mean, from where my head is at right now, I'd have changed, but I'm only here because I actually slowed down for the injury. Hmmmm?

As a driver you run the first 10 years
Walk the next 10
And crawl the last 10

A

anonymous6

we all keep forgetting that UPS is NOT human and we keep wanting UPS to act human.

it's pain/pleasure response is MONEY.

They don't care about YOU.

It's all about MONEY.

It may be finally be dawning on the Brown Monster that lack of safety compliance is affecting the STOCK price.

CYA CYA CYA

brownman15

if ups really cared about our safety they would put in 3 point seat belts and higher seats that would protect our neck in the older trucks instead they are spending alot of money 2 spy on us(bulk head sensors, backing sensors, brake pedal sensors, idle sensors, speed sensors and seat belt sensors which in the older trucks had 2 put in new seat belts would have been a perfect time 2 convert to 3 point system)

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
We just had a Tier 3 in our building. A guy pulled out to pass a car, directly into the path of one of our Brothers. He was doing 40 mph, who knows how fast the other guy was traveling. It took our center manager 15 minutes after arriving at the scene to approach our brother who was in a cruiser doing paperwork to see if he was OK!! Tell me...What are they REALLY concerned with?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
He hit another UPS driver head on?? is that what your saying?? I saw the pix of that car,my nieghbor works in welme think he said it happened in Elliot!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually, a single goose would be a Canada Goose. Two or more would be Canadian geese.

LOL ... Funny!

Could have a point...a single tourist from Canada versus a group of tourist from Canada.

Look ... there's a loony Canada tourist.
versus
Look ... There's a group of loony Canadian tourists.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
So now we have 2 threads in one. Whatever the goose/geese were, they ain't no more.....case closed, you frigging loonies. Did I "tie" it all together?:wink2: