Safety concern, digging through truck per Orion

Thegameisrigged

Opening both doors for every stop isn't very efficient at all. That still doesn't change the fact that you have a brick truck and ORION will have you searching and searching and stepping all over people's packages to find someone else's.

Thegameisrigged

EDD trace will work you from 1000-8999. Orion trace will randomly work you from the 1000-8999. And this is from the beginning of your day. We will literally have to offload packages onto the street to get to some on the stops Orion tells you to deliver first

Thegameisrigged

And if selection area was done away with a long time ago, show it to me otherwise, the original methods still stand. Orion even wants you to back into driveways to turn around just to save a little distance. One rule to backing is to stay out of residential driveways. Was this rule done away with long time ago also?

Packmule

I wouldent knock the old guys, things changed over the years, and its killing them...... and after the 37 years im going to put in... im going to get there too someday.. another 20 to go...
I have 37 in now and hoping to stick around till January 2017 so I can get that last $200 bump in pension, and add a bit more to 401k. I have one of those so called "sweet " routes. When I'm off, younger guys fight to stay off of it too. Especially in winter. Lazy @$?/ young guys! Lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have 37 in now and hoping to stick around till January 2017 so I can get that last $200 bump in pension, and add a bit more to 401k. I have one of those so called "sweet " routes. When I'm off, younger guys fight to stay off of it too. Especially in winter. Lazy @$?/ young guys! Lol

We have a driver who was eligible to retire last month but has decided to work through Peak and one day in 2016 so that he can get all of his personal/sick/vacation time (roughly $9K in compensation). Our is a defined benefit pension plan so there will be no pension increase. The center manager loves it as he knows the route will be covered for Peak but we (drivers) are still shaking our heads over his decision to stay.

7/1/18 is my projected retirement date. 5/1/18 is my projected last work day.