Safety concern, digging through truck per Orion

Thegameisrigged

Sounds like you're implying that I'm slow or stupid when you're the one give short and simple answers that aren't making any sense whatsoever. Or maybe it's the fact that you don't know what you're talking about so you "simply" can't.

Thegameisrigged

Sounds to me as if you don't have the ability to explain yourself. If not, shame on you. Orion will be intended to dumb down the job for guys like you. Good luck with that. You still haven't identified yourself as package car driver or management. judging from your idiotic comments, you sound like a brainwashed manager or supervisor. If so, we will see you you feel when over allow shoots through the roof because of Orion.

Thegameisrigged

Instead of being intelligent about the topic, you give dry nonsense and then turn around and wanna get frustrated and storm off like a sensitive woman. If you didn't intend on being intelligent and giving real input, you shouldn't have ever responded to my question in the first place.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
This thread is about dangers of hear stroke due to extended stays in the back of the truck ,digging for packages, due to a serious flaw with ORION. Upstate doesn't even have Orion and he taken over the thread., Why?

Thegameisrigged

Read though the timeline and you'll see how it got to this point. You all will have it at some point and will see how much of a mess it is. No way we should be in the back of the truck like that. Orion has your Diad looking like a badly organized add/cut.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have learned when it comes to this mess we call ORION if I run my route Monday and Tuesday 100% the rest of the week i'm told not to worry about it,just to "get it done and bring it in" .

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We have a driver who was eligible to retire last month but has decided to work through Peak and one day in 2016 so that he can get all of his personal/sick/vacation time (roughly $9K in compensation). Our is a defined benefit pension plan so there will be no pension increase. The center manager loves it as he knows the route will be covered for Peak but we (drivers) are still shaking our heads over his decision to stay.

7/1/18 is my projected retirement date. 5/1/18 is my projected last work day.

Doesn't work like that in most places. UPS will not pay off the vacations/personal time.

Work 1 day into the new year. Then the next 7 weeks he will be on vacation and then off for personal time.

This means he will not get his pension for Jan, Feb or Mar.

He will get his $9K in compensation, but will not get his $9K-$12K in pension.

He is losing money by not retiring.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doesn't work like that in most places. UPS will not pay off the vacations/personal time.

Work 1 day into the new year. Then the next 7 weeks he will be on vacation and then off for personal time.

This means he will not get his pension for Jan, Feb or Mar.

He will get his $9K in compensation, but will not get his $9K-$12K in pension.

He is losing money by not retiring.

You are right in that he will not get his first pension check until the first of the month after he has cleared their books completely. This is an excellent point which I and I am willing to bet he didn't think of.

Another point that I just thought of is the impact his decision will have on his ex-wife and to whether she would legally have any say in the matter. Does an ex-spouse have any legal standing when it comes to their former spouses decision to continue working in part just to deny them their portion of his or her pension?

Last edited:

over12

The union cannot tell the company how to run their business.
They cannot. But enough grievences on a breach of contart
The union cannot tell the company how to run their business.
The union cannot but outside agencies can. The driver is in full control if the Orion is creating a problem punish them. Open all doors at every stop that you will be in the back for more than 20 seconds. If your over allowed suffers that is there problem. And if you don't fell well don't hesitate to call an ambulance. A couple of these and your center will change it tune on hot summer days. Remember this is a company that loves to make money. If you want results the only way to get it is to punish their wallet.

Thegameisrigged

Hmm. Makes sense. We are getting it in a couple of months. There are 2 centers in our building and the other center has it already. The horror stories about ORION are countless.