Safety concern, digging through truck per Orion

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
With PAS/EDD and Orion there is no need to sort the load or move packages in to a selection area throughout the day.
Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing_zpsbdaeddc2.gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And that is when you refuse to do so in the name of safety. I had Three ORION rides due to being 95% on trace yet having excessive miles. Each ride I was instructed to do back into driveways and each ride I refused to do so in the name of safety. There are WAY too many kids,dogs,trash cans and very High Dollar homes in my neighborhoods and no way am I going to put myself in a position that an accident or property damage could occur. I was threatened on each ride,but I held my ground and drove thru the Cul De Sacs as I have been trained to do. Every morning after start I am told I exceeded my miles,and every morning i smile and say "yes boss, I'll try harder today"
you have to let that shyte go in one ear and out the other

I don't back into customers driveways either.

We still have to know and recite all that DOK crap. And it overrides ORION.

First rule of backing....Back only when necessary.

It is only necessary to back into a driveway on a dead end street with no turn around at the end.

Go around the block or turn around at the end of the cul-de-sac.

They cannot force you to back into a residential driveway. They may try, but safety trumps ORION and they will back down.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont look at the pc, in the morning except to possibly see what kind of crap is on my truck today. I had a 7 pc sectional sofa to deliver at 330, HA. After air, my first stops were in the 7800 section, I would have had to walk on the couch. I do the best I can, I only back when I know its ok. I only follow it when its safe to do so. I do not pull from my last air stop, and drive 8 miles to do a bunch of ground I cant reach. When I need bulk out of my way. Its frustrating as hell to try to piece it back together, Im so over it. When they press me I will change my plan, stay tuned.

Dr.Brownz

Im so happy Im in a center where they have no idea whats even in my truck when I leave. It's a just a pile of packages and I have to figure out what to do with them

upsman68

At 200 degrees your tires would melt. It isn't 200 degrees in your package car. I dare you to get a thermometer and test it.

That's called hyperbole.

Going from 140 to 200 is a huge stretch. That's an over 40% difference. Plus I think you'd agree saying 60 degrees and 0 aren't in the same ball park.

I just say Damm it's hot. I work in the hot and humid south.