Safety issue

Crislaw

working at ups one of the biggest rules and tips at ups is safety but at the Pleasantdale hi safety seems to me don't mean safety cause when we get hurt supervisors act like they don't care they don't take it serious when I work on the sort Ile and and packages are pushing me against the belts all I get is keep sorting keep sorting and they don't realize that them boxes is pushing me against the belts burning my back cause the belts are running.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
working at ups one of the biggest rules and tips at ups is safety but at the Pleasantdale hi safety seems to me don't mean safety cause when we get hurt supervisors act like they don't care they don't take it serious when I work on the sort Ile and and packages are pushing me against the belts all I get is keep sorting keep sorting and they don't realize that them boxes is pushing me against the belts burning my back cause the belts are running.
Is there a question out of all this or a statement that needs addressing>?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
image.jpeg

8 Hour Day

Pleasantdale, huh? Atlanta, right? Join the Union, then tell your full time manager you're not able to maintain proper ingress and egress with the current work load. If he doesn't respond, contact a full time steward or business manager.

Plus, ask an older driver if he could give you some help.

If your not in the Union, though, you're screwed. UPS does not care about your health or safety... only getting sued.

El Correcto

god is dead
You don't have to tell them anything. Their conveyor securing methods say it is up to the part time employee to turn off the belt if they feel safety is an issue. Safety includes egress. Have fun turning off their belt if they don't feel like staffing is a problem on their sort isle. Then enjoy the Cush unload position with your dollar raise after being harassed for doing so.

Personal experience use to love doing stop secure test.

This is also a way to get dq'd if you haven't made seniority. I'd wait till the union dues start coming out.