Safety Last

DontThrowPackages

I had one guy yelling at me today because he was told by the shipper that his SDR P1 would be there by 1030! Not quite, first I do my noon P1's, then my 1330 P1's and then my 1630 P1's on Saturday. His was a 1630 commit, I got there at 1500! He was still yelling after I suggested he call the 800 number, then drover away!
You're the one in the company uniform. Tell him the shipper lied or was misinformed. And if they don't like, go to the website and see for themselves. I had a guy ask why the h**l is my package a day late? I pointed to the due date on the letter. He calmed down and probably got on the phone to chew out the correct party.

hypo hanna

no buyout for you!

Soup-Nazi.jpg
Soup-Nazi.jpg

LTFedExer

MT 3 has homes in Germantown, TN, and in the Chicago area....public record. R1a did the research and located Mr. Thornton in two exclusive residential areas. Anecdotal evidence from a courier in the area cretainly makes it sound as though MT3 was commuting to MEM via executive jet.
OK...
On the OLCC's, where have you been? Couriers who don't make their numbers get performance reminders all the time. If you don't want another OLCC, you speed or cut corners...simple as that. I'm like you in that I don't cut corners, and will not compromise safety, but the new and not-so-great couriers really struggle with what they're going to do to make SPH.
Yes, performance reminders are given for not consistently making SPH. But, that's not what I asked. I asked have you ever heard of a courier getting letters for having lates even when they hit their SPH?

Goldilocks said:
Safety? OMG, I just ran a heavy DRA route today and want to go home and colapse. 40 stops on a Saturday, the areas are huge. Had to drive like a maniac to make it. Drove with my map and manifest in my hand because I have no area knowledge in that town.... to top it off I almost hit a jogger, driving 40 in a 35 resi area. Just made my rtb goal on the nose. This is crazy....Another thing a young girl chewed me out because I rang the dock bell too long and hurt her ears. UHHHH

Get Ready its coming and not pretty....There will be a fatality because of these goals and DRA.....
Lol.........this post has to be a joke. You admit you were speeding and not watching the road and FedEx is to blame?

Goldilocks

OK...

Yes, performance reminders are given for not consistently making SPH. But, that's not what I asked. I asked have you ever heard of a courier getting letters for having lates even when they hit their SPH?

Lol.........this post has to be a joke. You admit you were speeding and not watching the road and FedEx is to blame?

No, I dont blame Fedex, was thrown into an area that I have never been in and expected to make goal and service. My point is they say, with DRA anyone can jump in a truck and run a route. This is very hard to do when you have never been in an area. And I can read a map but those maps can be difficult. No, Fedex was not to blame, just me stressing out because our DD wanted no lates in our District and was watching. Scared to death I would get an OLCC for not making service...

HomeDelivery

ah, so this is how they'll get rid of the higher-paid couriers (without a buyout)... give you almost impossible goals & throw safety out the window in order to "make service" & if you do practice safe methods, you're screwed with an OLCC or worse...

Goldilocks

ah, so this is how they'll get rid of the higher-paid couriers (without a buyout)... give you almost impossible goals & throw safety out the window in order to "make service" & if you do practice safe methods, you're screwed with an OLCC or worse...

This is my inspiration for the day....You're not going to die. If you go bankrupt, you'll be okay. If you lose the contract, the lover, the house, you'll still be okay. If you get beat by the competition, have your heart crushed, lose your job, or look like a fool, it's not going to kill you. You'll get through it. Ask anyone who already has gone through it, and become better and stronger for it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes, but if FedEx is pushing employees beyond what is safe, they are liable for creating unsafe working conditions. Run it by FedEx Legal and get back to to me.

Run it by legal? Hee hee! If you only knew.

If you want to pin the blame on Express for creating unsafe working conditions you'll have to demonstrate that it explicitly instructed you to engage in acts that it knew were unsafe or knowingly allowed you to commit unsafe acts. Have it it, Perry Mason!

Still waiting for your proof that MT3 doesn't live in Chicago.

He sold his house there and bought one in the Memphis area. Both transactions are matters of public record.

Now where's your proof that he lives in Chicago? What do you care where he lives, anyway?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The circumstantial evidence is strong, but I do not have absolute proof. As mentioned, this would be a big black eye for the FedEx "green" mission.

I love your logic.

"So what if they've reduced 11 bazillion miles of travel in the course of a couple of years? If there is a round trip Chicago/Memphis each day, that negates any and every green argument the company has ever made."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I love your logic.

"So what if they've reduced 11 bazillion miles of travel in the course of a couple of years? If there is a round trip Chicago/Memphis each day, that negates any and every green argument the company has ever made."

Bottom Line: A company that operates a huge vehicle and airplane fleet can never be green, and having a jet-commuting top executive who is always urging us to be green and spouting-off about all of the FedEx green efforts, is very bad. Public records indicate MT3 still owns both homes. Your "proof" is bogus. The FedEx "green" effort has always been minimalist, at best, with a few hybrids sprinkled here and there, and "commitments" to burn Bio Jet Fuel in the future.

It's all crap. FedEx doesn't keep it's commitments, and being green costs money. Given Mr. Smith's less than stellar record of truth-telling, what would the logical person expect the outcome to be?

LTFedExer

No, I dont blame Fedex, was thrown into an area that I have never been in and expected to make goal and service. My point is they say, with DRA anyone can jump in a truck and run a route. This is very hard to do when you have never been in an area. And I can read a map but those maps can be difficult. No, Fedex was not to blame, just me stressing out because our DD wanted no lates in our District and was watching. Scared to death I would get an OLCC for not making service...
Have you known anyone to get an OLCC for having lates?

MFE - Is it POSSIBLE he lives in Germantown since he has a home there?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

MFE - Is it POSSIBLE he lives in Germantown since he has a home there?[/QUOTE

I suspect he lives in Germantown during the workweek (now), and "commutes" home on the weekends to Chicago.

RTURNSONLY

Actually, myself and the vast majority of my co-workers get them daily...to the tune of 150-200 late packages per day, ever since the morons at our station did the wonderful restructure approximately 3 months ago...

HomeDelivery

well then don't sign them if you practiced the safe methods that you've been trained on... they will not forge your signatures on those things, do they???

you went from loving your job to being intimidated by management; thank goodness i didn't went to the orange/red EX with all that crap you have to put up with... maybe it's worth the paid sick days and vacation days, but I don't have that much stress if i cover-swing drive; I just connect the dots

stay SAFE out there. you wouldn't want to be one of those couriers who ran over a kid/pet/person & will have "stress" for the rest of your life

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
well then don't sign them if you practiced the safe methods that you've been trained on... they will not forge your signatures on those things, do they???

you went from loving your job to being intimidated by management; thank goodness i didn't went to the orange/red EX with all that crap you have to put up with... maybe it's worth the paid sick days and vacation days, but I don't have that much stress if i cover-swing drive; I just connect the dots

stay SAFE out there. you wouldn't want to be one of those couriers who ran over a kid/pet/person & will have "stress" for the rest of your life
HD,
This is why you really have no business replying to Express specific threads / info.
You have no idea what we go through.