Safety Last

LTFedExer

I suspect he lives in Germantown during the workweek (now), and "commutes" home on the weekends to Chicago.
I see.....you suspect he does, but don't know for fact.
Actually, myself and the vast majority of my co-workers get them daily...to the tune of 150-200 late packages per day, ever since the morons at our station did the wonderful restructure approximately 3 months ago...
Have you asked for a checkride?
Yes!!! Everyday...One guy has 7 because of SPH and lates....There are many more...
He has 7? I would think he'd have a performance reminder or 2 already. I personally do not know of a SINGLE courier who hits his/her SPH, but gets a letter for having lates. OLCC's given out daily for SPH and lates means there's a huge problem in the station.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

He has 7? I would think he'd have a performance reminder or 2 already. I personally do not know of a SINGLE courier who hits his/her SPH, but gets a letter for having lates. OLCC's given out daily for SPH and lates means there's a huge problem in the station.

FedEx does everything possible to avoid the public knowing where their executive fleet goes. Anecdotal reports have MT3 commuting from Chicago to Memphis, and he owns homes in both cities. I'll bet his kids attend school in the Chicago as well. If you want to think he doesn't do it..be my guest.

HomeDelivery

HD,
This is why you really have no business replying to Express specific threads / info.
You have no idea what we go through.

um from reading all this complaining in multiple threads, yes i do...

if a green EX driver can figure out that the top paid couriers will be weeded out this way instead of being bought out, while those other old-timers still have their blinders on until the crap hits the fan next month, well shame on them.

and safety is for ALL couriers/ drivers/ ups/ usps/ non-employee HD drivers, etc...not just for Express

it also makes lurkers who's exploring about becoming a courier for this company to see what the various +/- of each opco when applying for PEAK temp driver help.

Happy Labor Day.

SmithBarney

I had one guy yelling at me today because he was told by the shipper that his SDR P1 would be there by 1030! Not quite, first I do my noon P1's, then my 1330 P1's and then my 1630 P1's on Saturday. His was a 1630 commit, I got there at 1500! He was still yelling after I suggested he call the 800 number, then drover away!

I just make sure to tell em, the shipper is wrong, and you are my "first" delivery of the day.. (makes them feel better, knowing they are first.)

Goldilocks

No performance riminders yet but OLCC are flying. Not a huge problem just over inflated numbers....

Necropostophiliac

This is my inspiration for the day....You're not going to die. If you go bankrupt, you'll be okay. If you lose the contract, the lover, the house, you'll still be okay. If you get beat by the competition, have your heart crushed, lose your job, or look like a fool, it's not going to kill you. You'll get through it. Ask anyone who already has gone through it, and become better and stronger for it.

Great post!!!!

hypo hanna

Better yet, hand him the keys and ask him to show you how it can be done under the present goals. If it's doable, there is no reason any old manager can't pull it off. Make your self comfortable in the passanger seat and enjoy the show.
If they refuse, you can make fun of them for their cowardice and you have that extra ammunition when it comes time for that GFT/lawsuit etc.

LTFedExer

FedEx does everything possible to avoid the public knowing where their executive fleet goes. Anecdotal reports have MT3 commuting from Chicago to Memphis, and he owns homes in both cities. I'll bet his kids attend school in the Chicago as well. If you want to think he doesn't do it..be my guest.
I don't assume anything. You're making baseless assumptions.

Better yet, hand him the keys and ask him to show you how it can be done under the present goals. If it's doable, there is no reason any old manager can't pull it off. Make your self comfortable in the passanger seat and enjoy the show.
If they refuse, you can make fun of them for their cowardice and you have that extra ammunition when it comes time for that GFT/lawsuit etc.
They couldn't do it. They have either not been a courier for so long they forget what its like and in some cases have never been a courier at all.

hypo hanna

I don't assume anything. You're making baseless assumptions.

They couldn't do it. They have either not been a courier for so long they forget what its like and in some cases have never been a courier at all.

Tough. Don't tell me something can be done when you yourself can't do it. If your job is to manage people, then you should be able and willing to demonstrate how it should be done to get the results you demand of your employee.

SmithBarney

If you are ever "challenged" by a Manager reguarding performance, do two things, Volunteer for a check ride(90% of the time they will turn you down), then ask "How can I do my job better to attain said 'goals' ?" If you are legitimately doing the best you can, then the manager really has no leg to stand on, and won't fight you. You've offered yourself for a check ride, and you've asked for additional training(if needed) You should be in the clear, unless you have a target on your back.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you are ever "challenged" by a Manager reguarding performance, do two things, Volunteer for a check ride(90% of the time they will turn you down), then ask "How can I do my job better to attain said 'goals' ?" If you are legitimately doing the best you can, then the manager really has no leg to stand on, and won't fight you. You've offered yourself for a check ride, and you've asked for additional training(if needed) You should be in the clear, unless you have a target on your back.

Those who can't, manage. Over my career, I'd say about 60% of the ops managers I had were terrible couriers who went into management just because they wanted off the road. That said, most of them absolutely cannot get in your truck and make the numbers. I've had a few that could do it though, and there wasn't much for someone to say after the manager matched or bettered their SPH. Very rare.

check6ii

I keep a journal and document everything. I ask my mgr to sign them, and they refuse. At the advice of legal council, I was told to not sign ANYTHING. DOCUMENT evenything.

Goldilocks

Those who can't, manage. Over my career, I'd say about 60% of the ops managers I had were terrible couriers who went into management just because they wanted off the road. That said, most of them absolutely cannot get in your truck and make the numbers. I've had a few that could do it though, and there wasn't much for someone to say after the manager matched or bettered their SPH. Very rare.

We finally got some good hard working managers at our station...

check6ii

AGREED,100%