Safety meetings

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
When I was much younger, mgmt tried to tell me I needed to be a member of the safety committee. They made it sound compulsory, and at the time I was thinking I could bring about real change in my center, so I just went with it.

I asked around, what issues dId other drivers want addressed? I got some good feedback and added some ideas of my own, but unfortunately nothing matched with the "agenda" that was laid out by the DM.

I'm not even kidding...within 2 weeks mgmt announced they would be electing brand new safety committee members.

So, my advice is, if you don't want to take part, simply bring really good ideas, especially if they cost money!. They will boot you out so fast you'll forget they ever asked you to participate.

cardboard-surfer

Safety will always conflict with productivity. Even if the entire world could be serviced daily by one PC driver, one feeder driver, and one loader, productivity would still be badmouthed by the suits as not good enough.

UPS is forced to address safety by either the unions or the courts sympathetic to the victims. That's why management always treats potential injury victims with kid gloves; the same people that screamed and yelled and treated you like a necessary evil for years now act like you're the most important thing on the planet.

One time while working night shift (after the center manager and safety sups had left for the night) the dispatch-sup-turned-shift-sup was in a rush and almost smashed my ankle with an antiquated roller set. I yelled "it's not safe here yet, please wait a minute." The rest of the night whenever he walked by the feeder he always yelled as sarcastically as possible, "HEY ARE YOU BEING SAFE IN THERE? YOU WANNA BE *SAFE*! HEY YOU'RE NOT WORKING _UN-SAFE_ IN THERE RIGHT?" I learned real quick that UPS hates safety; it's something that's preached, not practiced.

The same sup also tried ordering all workers to arrive 15 minutes early to a shift, but he directly said he wouldn't pay for it. That went over like a lead balloon; you order 15 minutes early then you pay 15 minutes early.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So I don't know if other district's have been doing this or not but in ours they have been having any driver with 4 years or less attend safety meetings at least twice a week. Which no big deal paid by the hour. But we sit there and listen to a conference call with the district manager and safety team members share....now they decided to make it mandatory for all of us drivers to come up with some 20 min conference call topic where we have to lead the call for the district and prepare all this stuff about safety.....tbh I have more important things to do with my time than go home and prepare some safety talk....I didn't join the safety committee, it's not in my job description....do I have to do this?
Smellsmira,

Please read Article 18 Section 20.4 of the Master CBA for information to file a grievance on this issue.

Get back to me with any questions.

Private message if you want to not be exposed to some of the disturbed BC members.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
We're disturbed?

Please!
cosmo1,

I did not mention you, nor was I thinking of any one BC member specifically.

You did not come to mind and I meant you no offense.

Every community will have individuals that are struggling with issues or disturbed in some way. The BC is no different. You are a long time member of this community, you know.

However, if you thought I was referencing you then maybe there is something to it. You may want to look at that.

You can private message me if you want I would be glad to share my experience, strength and hope with you. Any trouble can be overcome.

Sincerely,
I

Turdferguson

Just a turd
cosmo1,

I did not mention you, nor was I thinking of any one BC member specifically.

You did not come to mind and I meant you no offense.

Every community will have individuals that are struggling with issues or disturbed in some way. The BC is no different. You are a long time member of this community, you know.

However, if you thought I was referencing you then maybe there is something to it. You may want to look at that.

You can private message me if you want I would be glad to share my experience, strength and hope with you. Any trouble can be overcome.

Sincerely,
I

What if YOU are the disturbed one on this site? How are we to know this isn't some ploy to trap or brainwash members to your cult of personality?

Integrity

Binge Poster
What if YOU are the disturbed one on this site? How are we to know this isn't some ploy to trap or brainwash members to your cult of personality?
Turdferguson,

You may view it that way, I can't control that.

I will let the record of my postings, my interactions and my treatment of others on this site speak on that issue and your opinion.

Anyone can view these and draw their own conclusions regarding this matter.

I don't know of any ploy, trap or attempt to brainwash others in any way within myself.

Knowing intimately the propensity for humans to be in denial about themselves I ask that you provide any evidence of these things that you may be suspicious of to me so I can perhaps take a closer look at myself in this area.

I really would appreciate it!

Sincerely,
I

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Turdferguson,

You may view it that way, I can't control that.

I will let the record of my postings, my interactions and my treatment of others on this site speak on that issue and your opinion.

Anyone can view these and draw their own conclusions regarding this matter.

I don't know of any ploy, trap or attempt to brainwash others in any way within myself.

Knowing intimately the propensity for humans to be in denial about themselves I ask that you provide any evidence of these things that you may be suspicious of to me so I can perhaps take a closer look at myself in this area.

I really would appreciate it!

Sincerely,
I

Classic example right here.
Brownslave688,

Although I appreciate humor I find it to be a major distraction in serious discussion threads.

I find it to be a waste of time.

If you can't start participating in the threads that I start without the sole purpose of your participation being to draw attention to yourself through your comedy then I will be forced to put you on my ignore list.

I can't continue to waste my time with these types of BC participants.

No offense meant I just don't want to waste my time.

Sincerely,
I

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Turdferguson,

You are going to have to explain how this is evidence of any of the things you said.

Sincerely,
I

Here is another textbook example of things a cult leader would say to try and sway the feeble minded
upschuck,

Who do you belong to?

On what do you base your beliefs and your manner of living on?

Sincerely,
I
Probing questions meant to entrap a simpleton like @upschuck to your cult of personality.
Even your avatar screams of symbolism used by by false Prophets