Safety member has accident

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
As long as UPS pays the members of the "safety committee" they will never address the actual concerns of drivers. Whenever you bring up concerns of over dispatches, nonsensical splits, and excessive hours the gallant safety committee always follows managements agenda of reciting the alphabet soup of the depth of knowledge. If they go against management they stand the risk of getting thrown off the committtee.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Actually that's how it was in the last contract. We had guys pulled for narking and doing observations after we told then they could not.

Right now the company just lets whoever they want on the safety committee. With the new contract they will actually have to be union elected.

But yes, we had the problem before that you speak of. Our safety guys said they will go out and do observations but as long as they are with a supervisor doing such then there can and will not be any punishment of any sort.

Mack Grant

Safety member has minor accident and manager does not report it. different driver has minor accident the following week is put though the ringer and charge with accident. Different strokes for different folks

One of the helpers I used this year was training with an ORS before peak season when he hit a parked car. Found out about it from the helper himself when we were just chit-chatting. Not a word of this was mentioned in any PCM or OMSG at our hub.

Right now the company just lets whoever they want on the safety committee. With the new contract they will actually have to be union elected.

But yes, we had the problem before that you speak of. Our safety guys said they will go out and do observations but as long as they are with a supervisor doing such then there can and will not be any punishment of any sort.
Our ba kicked them off in the last contract or the one we are working under. The language was already there. Ever since that they have all fallen in line. Lol

407 Steward.....how has work been this past week and a half...Tom does not miss it at all ! It is usually the most friend$&?ed up week.
It's been really heavy. A lot of helpers still working and that snow made everything real interesting on Thursday. We ecd's a ton of stops. Tell him if he's working Tuesday he better be wearing pants.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
7795_ite_Turtles-Flat-Box.jpg

with nuts?
i like beer.....and nuts.

Retiredmgr

It's been really heavy. A lot of helpers still working and that snow made everything real interesting on Thursday. We ecd's a ton of stops. Tell him if he's working Tuesday he better be wearing pants.
He is scheduled to work on Monday...if he makes it in with 80 miles of road between here and work. I even bought him leg warmers to wear, but he says he will pull the pants out, if he can find them. He has not worn long pants in 3 or 4 years.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our "Safety committee" is nothing more than the "Overtime Committee". They get a free breakfast on OT once in a while and some get to come in early and carry a clip board to observe other union employees in the name of OT.....I mean..... safety.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Actually that's how it was in the last contract. We had guys pulled for narking and doing observations after we told then they could not.

It's just as bad in the hub as it is in package. We have safety co-chairs that end up becoming company rats because all they do is sit in a :censored2:ing office all day falsifying paperwork with the rest of the training department. The only thing you can do is send them back to a truck and replace them.

FilingBluesFL

We had a Safety Committee member asked to voluntarily leave after having over 18 accidents in as many years.

I really liked him, he was a fun dude, but he always was trying to do every single thing to make every single penny he could, no matter how much more precarious it made his job.

It finally bit him in the ass, and he's gone.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Our "Safety committee" is nothing more than the "Overtime Committee". They get a free breakfast on OT once in a while and some get to come in early and carry a clip board to observe other union employees in the name of OT.....I mean..... safety.

Exact reason I go now. But, I'm still one of the last ones in every night.

Sent using BrownCafe App