Safety Record

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by LVBrown1, Mar 4, 2009.

1. LVBrown1

LVBrown1 New Member

Just curious, we have a great safety record months without an accident/incident today someone in the clerk station was injuried they come in a 4:30pm. Should the accident fall on local sort or the center. None of the attend the am driver safety meetings. Anyone know?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Answer to either post. I worry about my safety, contests and games are meaningless.

3. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Are the clerks part time or full time employees?

4. LVBrown1

LVBrown1 New Member

Clerks are part time from 4:30pm to 10:am

5. drewed

drewed Shankman

Well...the local sort is part of the center correct? So theyd both get charged for the injury....but if your asking like an admin injury or the local....depends on what theyre doing, Id say local sort personally since they were probably handling packages off the local correct?

And Id say you probably should be more worried about you injured coworker then a safety record.

6. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Who cares? The main point is someone was hurt and that they get the medical required to got back to 100%.

I have never eaten a free donut or cake provided for being injury free. Ups uses this to pressure people not to report injuries. No one goes to work to get hurt, but that's what happens when you work a physical job, sometimes it happens!

7. Paid-over-in-Maine

Paid-over-in-Maine 15 more years of this!

I was injured on the job. I'm on TAW, and I will still eat the donuts they provide.