Safety?

W

want to retire

So, I pick up a couple of trailers at a fairly big hub. One of the many problems there, is loaders, sups and all re-entering trailers after they have been cleared to couple or even pull! I had a part-timer loader, pt sup and full time lie and conspire to not tell the truth(I really didn't expect them to tell what really happened)(especially the part-timer since he threatened me)(for several minutes)(and no, I don't expect his homies to give him up)(and yes, the sups don't like me much as I hold them to pull-times and safety)(I can give more detail, but it's pretty boring)............So, I gathered the two pt sups, ft sup and loader(in the trailer, after cleared to pull)(not the same one that threatened me) and we had a meeting. I pulled out my I phone and showed everyone I was going to record the meeting. It was amazing how cordial and TRUTHFUL and helpful everyone was.......although the ft was only worrying about how much time was being taken by the meeting(I told him we ARE going to discuss a safety concern).

As I was about to couple, I heard noise in the rear trailer( I knew they had gone back in)(I could have pulled that trailer)(with the loader in it)(I was cleared to pull it down the road).......but that's not me. This is how people get hurt and killed. The pt sups said it was a mis-communication.......I told them we can't have those type mistakes.

I will record every conversation with these folks from here on out. I have been burned by folks lying to cover their ass at UPS. No more.

brownIEman

Why on earth would someone clear you to pull a feeder and then that same person jump back in the feeder? Do they have a death wish?

How would you have been able to pull a feeder off a wall and pull it straight down the road with someone in side? Don't you have a proceedure to check and make sure the door is closed?

No offense but a lot of this makes no sense.

Nothing comes off the wall without a seal on it here. If you're given the clear to pull ( I'm assuming by a dispatch sup?) then call them on the phone and that box doesn't roll until it's closed.

over9five

Staff member
Can't close barn doors till you pull it. Hell, sometimes you can't close overheads cuz they get stuck in the dock curtains.

W

want to retire

Why on earth would someone clear you to pull a feeder and then that same person jump back in the feeder? Do they have a death wish?

How would you have been able to pull a feeder off a wall and pull it straight down the road with someone in side? Don't you have a proceedure to check and make sure the door is closed?

I COULD HAVE..........that's the point. I could have coupled and test tugged the trailer off the door and who knows what would have happened to the loader......I guess you don't understand much about feeders......you can only check the trailer so many times.......remember-I've already told them I'm pulling the trailer! And remember.....just because you shut the door doesn't mean somebody won't come along and get in it(yes, even when walking from the rear door to the cab). You would think not, but it happens here all the time. These folks are not especially in tune with safety......production yes, life ....no

No offense but a lot of this makes no sense.

W

want to retire

Nothing comes off the wall without a seal on it here. If you're given the clear to pull ( I'm assuming by a dispatch sup?) then call them on the phone and that box doesn't roll until it's closed.

Not here......pt sup all the time. Procedure is to seal the trailers at departure.