salaries

Big Babooba

• Full Time Supervisor - a million dollars
  • Center Manager - a million billion dollars
  • Division Manager - a million billion gazillion dollars

LED

I was told by an ex-division manager that they use a formula.
Hourly Rate x 45 x 4 = monthly salary

example would be $30 x 45 = $1350 x 4 = $5400/month

$5400 x 12 = $64800/year + stock and Christmas bonus

christian c

Someone who works at UPS above me just told me:

OnRoad sup after 1 yr = ~ $60,000
center manager = ~ $90,000

plus 1/2 month bonus in December

plus Stock award (MIP) =
Sup = $8,000
center manager - $16,000

1/2 of the MIP is deferred for 5 yrs

brownrodster

center manager = ~ $90,000

No wonder center manager's show so much disdain for the rank and file UPS driver. Drivers make more money than they do!! LOL.

Personally, I think a center manager should make more than that, if that is indeed accurate.

Driver supervisors don't make enough. I know for a fact that I make more money than each of my driver sups. That is a shame. It makes sense in that it's not a productive position. They don't pay for themselves. And driver sups are in their positions because they can't handle the physical torment any longer.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No wonder center manager's show so much disdain for the rank and file UPS driver. Drivers make more money than they do!! LOL.

Personally, I think a center manager should make more than that, if that is indeed accurate.

Driver supervisors don't make enough. I know for a fact that I make more money than each of my driver sups. That is a shame. It makes sense in that it's not a productive position. They don't pay for themselves. And driver sups are in their positions because they can't handle the physical torment any longer.

Last edited:

FelixTheGreat

I was told by an ex-division manager that they use a formula.
Hourly Rate x 45 x 4 = monthly salary

example would be $30 x 45 = $1350 x 4 = $5400/month

$5400 x 12 = $64800/year + stock and Christmas bonus

your formula is pretty close. keep in mind that there have been a lot of changes to their benefits in last year.

- raises were stopped last year
- 401k match was stopped last year
- stock options were stopped last year
- half month bonus in december was stopped last year
- and the kicker is that they already have to pay for their insurance plans. starting jan 2010, insurance program will drastically change and will cost employees A LOT more

their salaries, less everything taken away or costing more, puts them in the negative from an income perspective. :dissapointed:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
your formula is pretty close. keep in mind that there have been a lot of changes to their benefits in last year.

- raises were stopped last year
- 401k match was stopped last year
- stock options were stopped last year
- half month bonus in december was stopped last year
- and the kicker is that they already have to pay for their insurance plans. starting jan 2010, insurance program will drastically change and will cost employees A LOT more

their salaries, less everything taken away or costing more, puts them in the negative from an income perspective. :dissapointed:

Not exactly correct but the gist is right ... thanks for making my first post I read today so depressing. Are you sure your username isn't ImFelixAndISuck. :wink2:
I'm going to go and stick glass in the soles of my shoes to make it complete.