Sale leads $$$ gone bye bye

M

Mike23

Anyone else read up on this? I'm sure it's fairly old news but sales leads no longer generate $$$ but points that you can exchange on some website.

Considering they're so desperate for new leads is taking away the few dollars you make on a sales lead really the right answer? I see things going farther down hill now :(

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If there is an opportunity to gain volume and help a laid-off employee get back to work, I will turn a lead in whether there is any financial incentive for me to do so or not. Its simply the right thing to do.

It is a mistake to develop a sense of entitlement towards sales leads points, safe driving/years of service awards,production bonus,Xmas turkeys, free food, etc etc.

These extras are given out solely at the discretion of management and can be taken away in the same manner.

Its sort of like finding a childs lost puppy and then expecting a reward for returning it; the true reward lies in the knowledge that you did the right thing.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
lol.

I actually heard they just switched over from amex to another company to handle the points and you have the option to pick a gift or cash in the points. Not sure if thats the case though.

There is no more cash. I will copy the sheet I have straight from B.D. on sales leads and upload it if you want to read it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thank you, Saint Soberups.

I dont consider myself a saint; rather, it is in my own self interest to not place expectations upon other people, places or things. Or UPS.

To have such expectations is to set oneself up to be bitter and resentful when those expectations are not met.

I'm entitled to receive the contractually agreed upon wages, benefits and working conditions in exchange for my labor. I'm not entitled to anything else. If I get something extra thats great; if not, I wasn't asking for it anyway.

TheDick

I dont consider myself a saint; rather, it is in my own self interest to not place expectations upon other people, places or things. Or UPS.

To have such expectations is to set oneself up to be bitter and resentful when those expectations are not met.

I'm entitled to receive the contractually agreed upon wages, benefits and working conditions in exchange for my labor. I'm not entitled to anything else. If I get something extra thats great; if not, I wasn't asking for it anyway.

As long as the money already on my Amex is still there- cause i already paid taxes on that money!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That is true. Unfortunately instead of a $50 gift card for a lead that rakes in the company tens of thousands, it is more like $10 or $15.

Reeks of corporate greed to me when the company is making money hand over fist in a recession.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike23

I agree completely. I'm still going to try to get sale leads but I know of many people that won't. I guess they feel 'what's in it for me'?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I hate to admit it but I never actively persued sales leads as a package car driver. I simply did not want more work put on me because I know there would not be a corresponding adjustment made in my delivery stop count.

Was this a short sighted view. Certainly. But the ironic thing is I would have tried to sign up a ton of new customers had my dispatch been adjusted accordingly.

They could keep the money, I just wanted to go home at a reasonable hour.