Sales Lead?

MC0493

Hey all, i've been told i need to get a sales lead as part of my 30 days. I run a pretty heavy business/industrial route and the majority of the businesses i pass i already service. Any thoughts/tips/suggestions on getting something to please management? I know its tough since things like this are area specific.

MC0493

Talked to a guy who just made book with in the last day or so, he had sales leads. Guy i took class with during peak did a sales lead. I also remember them mentioning it to me when the job offer came up.

MC0493

That was another thought i had, i've enough of a load as is. I'll keep it in mind, but i'm not even sure who i'd ask since most places already ship ups on this route. Plus its a training route, so it's probably sales leaded to death.

MC0493

I know of one place that i often see fedex at while i'm there. But we royally pissed them off today so i'm not sure they'd be interested in more ups at the moment.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hey all, i've been told i need to get a sales lead as part of my 30 days. I run a pretty heavy business/industrial route and the majority of the businesses i pass i already service. Any thoughts/tips/suggestions on getting something to please management? I know its tough since things like this are area specific.

Hey pal, first, good luck out there while you're qualifying. Be safe and don't worry about the numbers. Second turn in a sales lead with your center / hub address and some supes name as contact.

By the time the sales department gets around to following up with it and stealing your lead, you will already have been long qualified.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Please. I could beg people everyday to get sales leads and we would get nothing. Few care because their dispatches are high enough as is.
And yet when those of us who do still care turn in a lead, it gets stolen or @Salesguy never follows up and the customer just goes another route or stays pisssed at us and has daily bulk pieces to give us when we drop to them.