Sales Lead?

Geo926

No where in your 30 day qualification packet is there a requirement to get a sales lead. Just ask what your allowance is to chitchat to someone about a sales lead when you are trying to qualify?

Id be real curious to know that number...

Actually it is in the packet. Things might have changed since you made book. They also have you handwrite a letter to your center manager and district manager saying why you want to work for the company.

iowa boy

Actually it is in the packet. Things might have changed since you made book. They also have you handwrite a letter to your center manager and district manager saying why you want to work for the company.

Then ask what your time allowance is? Like I said, I would be real curious to know what this number is...

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
...that your center manager and DM laugh at and deposit in the nearest receptacle.

MC0493

Yup... I've heard that i have to write a letter too, and sit in on a conference call. Ridiculous to do that stuff for the job. Ofcourse all the older guys say it was much simpler back in the day, work safe and basically you had a job.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Same here. But I also never saw a "packet", and no one let me know when I qualified. Just got a two day ride and then pushed into the deep end. Knew three routes before my 30 days were up.
I got pushed too during my 30. With vacations and 2 drivers out on disability our center was a mess. Not only did I average 170 stops on a training route set up for 130 stops, but I preloaded some days and shuttled air as well. But I got a lot of OT at least

MC0493

Guess i've been lucky to run the same route since the beginning. Worst thing that's happened so far is i get sent home sometimes when there isn't enough work.

Saije77

Wow. People are complaining about another pickup. Think of it this way. More business and more routes. I'm a cover driver and would love to go full time it I have to wait until we have more volume or someone retires. I've heard we get compensated if we turn in a successful lead. Is that true?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Wow. People are complaining about another pickup. Think of it this way. More business and more routes. I'm a cover driver and would love to go full time it I have to wait until we have more volume or someone retires. I've heard we get compensated if we turn in a successful lead. Is that true?

It’s true a brown pen and a pack of delivery notices for every “sold” sales lead

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
If you have Saturday ground delivery you'll get your wish.
A nice 22.4 job for you

rod

Retired 22 years
No way---all a new pickup means is someone gets one more pickup stop to make.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
During my 30 day packet. There was a new rental place that just open up so I was good. Be safe, record all of your lunch time allowance in the DIAD (regardless) and try to scratch the route as many times as you can. They invest to much money in you already to worry about a sales lead that they dont give you enough time to network and acquire.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We complain because the company usually sets up the pickup before talking to the driver. That, and the late start time guarantees no pickup room.

The company is trying to remove any independent action in its drivers. Why not remove sales leads? They know it all, so let the sales team work for it. Maybe they can set them up on Orion?

WTFm8

FedEx is undercutting us padding their routes because Amazon is looking into buying out some of the subcontractors. Then they’d deliver Amazon and have FedEx volume to ‘fill in’ stops between.