sales leads

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dirty moose, Jun 4, 2008.

1. dirty moose

dirty moose Member

So i have sold a lead or two, how long till i see some money?!
    Also, when you sell a retention lead do you see the same amount?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

BD tracks the sales lead shipper for 13 weeks, checking the volume during this period from the same period the previous quarter, and you receive points based upon the service level of the pkgs shipped which are in excess of the volume shipped the previous quarter. For example, if XYZ Co. ships 100 more ground pkgs this quarter than the previous, you would receive $5 (100 pkgs * 5 cents/pkg) and this will be added to your Amex card. I just had $329 added to my card this morning, just in time for the weekend, and will be going to Lowes to spend it on Saturday.

Retention leads work the same way but receive more urgent attention as this shipper may have indicated that they are looking to divert their volume to another carrier.

You can check the status of your Amex card. You will need to enter the card number and the 4 digit security code on the front of the card just above the card number to the right side of the card.

3. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

do we need to activate the card before we use it ? I've had mine for a while and never used it.

4. dirty moose

dirty moose Member

Award pending after volume check on 06/04/08
    Lead Sold on 02/28/08 - Additional Volume

guess i should see something in the next few days then.

thanks for the help

5. UpstateNYUPSer

You should see some activity within a week or so.

I have had my card for so long I have forgotten whether you have to activate it or not. You can call the toll free number (1-800-382-7092) for information.

6. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

No need to activate it.Just use it,unless it is last years card,then you would have to call to get a new one.

7. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

Retention lead is ususlly #35.00 lump sum and then 13 weeks of new volume.

8. BrownSuit

BrownSuit Active Member

And to think . . . People say those things never get sold :greedy:

9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If you are planning a vacation out of country, you can use your Amex point card to buy currency in the country you are visiting.

When our family went to Mexico, we bought pesos with the card. The exchange rate was bank rate (which I believe is market rate) and the staff were happy to do it.

With DHL in the news, it's a good time to do some prospecting.

TB

10. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

i recived 80 dollars so far on the card it bought a few lunches not bad.and the new pu vol was not 0n my route:wink2:

11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

That's the best part, right there.

TB

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Which sucks if you are the P/U driver and not getting the sales leads dollars. We generally try to respect the route boundaries when we submit sales leads but will submit leads on other routes if that driver could care less about the sales lead program. I had a large pickup transferred to my route as they wanted a later P/U time. The previous driver has an active lead on this account (100 pkgs daily) so I jokingly told him that a gift card to a local restaurant would be nice. I plan on submitting the lead as new volume once he receives his sales lead award.