Sales leads?

BILLYB

Sales leads - my largest shipper asked to speak to a mgt person. Told my sup to call ASAP to get freight shipments onto our pkg cars. He called 2 weeks later and recommended UPS FREIGHT. Shipper had already talked to them and they offered no discount - could not tie to existing UPS acct! I looked like an ass! Never again!

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Sales leads - my largest shipper asked to speak to a mgt person. Told my sup to call ASAP to get freight shipments onto our pkg cars. He called 2 weeks later and recommended UPS FREIGHT. Shipper had already talked to them and they offered no discount - could not tie to existing UPS acct! I looked like an ass! Never again!

you're so full of it. you get a 60% LTL discount for processing your packages on worldship. if you can dial a phone, UPS Freight will give you a 70% discount. how about maybe contacting a sales guy for help with the sales lead? duh. PM me and I'll get that lead sold.

we are also the only company that can bundle LTL and small package spend together on one agreement. any other questions or do you want to spread more lies?

edit: and because I posted in this thread (dumb, dumb, dumb) reverse sales leads are good only sometimes because we can identify opportuntites, but it isnt a good "lead" because it is virtually cold calling and those are hit and miss. sales leads work when the drivers get a point of contact directly from the customer. once that happens, we are in the door. we recognize we can sell leads much more successfully if the driver has allready started that relationship.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I submitted 3 Green Pickup leads yesterday. 2 are for existing accounts that ship infrequently and 1 is for a shipper who calls me on my cell when he has pkgs going. All 3 would benefit from the reduced weekly P/U charge and can schedule when they want me to stop. I will be curious to see how these turn out.

CharleyHustle

I submitted 3 Green Pickup leads yesterday. 2 are for existing accounts that ship infrequently and 1 is for a shipper who calls me on my cell when he has pkgs going. All 3 would benefit from the reduced weekly P/U charge and can schedule when they want me to stop. I will be curious to see how these turn out.

My concern would be "Smart Pickup" is still a $10 charge per week. Maybe even if you don't ship in a week? As a customer who just ships occasionaly it wouldn't seem like a deal at all. Maybe existing accounts, like corporate accounts that have p/u in 50 cities nationwide that are underutilized, they could almost halve their bill. I've got at least 3-4 of these and frankly they seem like easy money, 20 bucks a week for very little effort.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have the opposing view. I try to take care of my customers and if I can show them a way to save money and still ship through us I think it is win/win. This would be a $520 savings per account.

The one shipper who calls me will be $520 in annual revenue if we sign him up.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I am a residential driver, so my only way of getting leads was to do same thing you did. Until my management team told me these weren't good leads so I stopped.
way to go local ups team.......nothing squashes incentive with a driver than this type of stupidiy.

turn them in anyway. we will have payoffs, as the other driver posted. ignore your local management, and if they refuse to sign off on the sales lead, file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
hudson
Why have the camera built into the board if its not going to be activated? Seems like a waste of money to me...

Because it comes built in.
hudson, think cell phone. 75-80% of all cell phone cameras have never been used. but people buy them because it came built in.

d

hudson

hudson, think cell phone. 75-80% of all cell phone cameras have never been used. but people buy them because it came built in.

d

But cell phones are built for the general public...DIAD boards are built for UPS only...see my post above from the UPS press release regarding the new DIAD board and the built in camera.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
turn them in anyway. we will have payoffs, as the other driver posted. ignore your local management, and if they refuse to sign off on the sales lead, file.

d

File what? with who?
The sales lead program isn't covered in the contract to my knowledge, thank God, so what are you refering to when you say file?
Your a smart fella, so I'm curious.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

how can you sit there with that honest look on your face, and post the words ups and ethical in the same sentence? you know that in most cases, they are miles appart.

but then again, i can think of so many times a camera in the diad (or even the threat of one) would have saved to much grief and trouble for me.

goes back to the old sign on the front of the shop showing a man pointing a gun, with the caption "do you feel lucky punk?"

bubble, i see you and i were posting at the same time.

when you do your job as a ups driver, and work as instructed, and they come back to you saying that the sales leads are no good, so they did not forward them on, that leaves you with a discrimination grievance.

your center team is not trained as to what is and what is not a good sales lead. as long as it has the needed information on it, it is a good sales lead.

you did as you were instructed, and then they decide that what you did had no merit? especially in the light of other drivers who have shown success in getting new business for the company.

I would also, in conjunction with filing, call the 1800 ethics hotline.

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
danny, what did UPS do to you today that was so bad? pay your pension? pay your health care? you have been noticibly anti-management today.

do you know what a good lead is? how about explaining to your fellow drivers?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Danny,

From a semantics point of view, I can almost understand your discrimination grievance angle. In reality I see it as a huge waste of time and union resources. I would just wash my hands of the sales lead program. Problem solved.

danny, what did UPS do to you today that was so bad? pay your pension? pay your health care? you have been noticibly anti-management today.

do you know what a good lead is? how about explaining to your fellow drivers?
Maybe a flashback or post traumatic stress disorder from past ups interrogations?:funny:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
ah the newby daddy is back.

hows the baby?

thought i would be nice and offer some neutral chit chat before we get down to business.

what a ****. you equate yourself (management) as being the same as ups? what an ego you have. just because you can procreate.........

management will be the downfall of ups if it fails, not the union overpaid fat slobs you try to paint us as. and the posts reflect not only my experiences at ups, but also some of the management posters on this site.

there are exceptions. but they are not the norm.

as far as the post to management, that was taken from a management handout at a company that was trying to keep itself from being unionized. the parallels were just too close to be passed over without comment.

far from being anti ups, i am very pro ups. but i am also a business person who needs to watch the bottom line.

bottom line at ups? if we were not union already, we would be at the top of the list for union organizers. because of people like you.

d

Last edited by a moderator:

tourists24

Danny,

From a semantics point of view, I can almost understand your discrimination grievance angle. In reality I see it as a huge waste of time and union resources. I would just wash my hands of the sales lead program. Problem solved.
Bubble,,,, yu da man on this..... let the drivers deliver and pickup.... let the sales reps do the sales....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
bubble

the point of the grievance and the phone call is to call attention to the fact that the management in your center is not doing its job properly, and forwarding the sales lead cards to the proper division sales person.

many times those in charge of a center do things just because they think it will not go further up the ladder, that their word is law.

does not have to be that way.

there are tools to be used. use them to the fullest extent.

d

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
bubble

the point of the grievance and the phone call is to call attention to the fact that the management in your center is not doing its job properly, and forwarding the sales lead cards to the proper division sales person.

many times those in charge of a center do things just because they think it will not go further up the ladder, that their word is law.

does not have to be that way.

there are tools to be used. use them to the fullest extent.

d

Point taken.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
ah the newby daddy is back.

hows the baby?

thought i would be nice and offer some neutral chit chat before we get down to business.

what a ****. you equate yourself (management) as being the same as ups? what an ego you have. just because you can procreate.........

management will be the downfall of ups if it fails, not the union overpaid fat slobs you try to paint us as. and the posts reflect not only my experiences at ups, but also some of the management posters on this site.

there are exceptions. but they are not the norm.

as far as the post to management, that was taken from a management handout at a company that was trying to keep itself from being unionized. the parallels were just too close to be passed over without comment.

far from being anti ups, i am very pro ups. but i am also a business person who needs to watch the bottom line.

bottom line at ups? if we were not union already, we would be at the top of the list for union organizers. because of people like you.

d

**** you, *****. you are not pro UPS, you are pro union and you know it, you wouldnt care if you were delivering packages for sams delivery company as long as you got to "stick it to the man"

i didnt paint any picture, I just wanted to know why so anti management. you need to stop posting, your rhetoric and point of view is so slanted (and old) that you can't even have a conversation without insulting someone. when did i say anything about management being equal? (even though we are) and I am sorry if you can't find someone to have sex with to "procreate". it's not that hard, in fact, it was my pleasure. i'm not even sure where you even saw my ego come out?

and my daughter is fine, and anti union.

edit: and I still am wondering why you have all the answers to the sales lead program...so far your solution is...wait for it....FILE GRIEVANCES! i work in the real world, you worked for a union. your job is task oriented. woohooo. tough.

Last edited by a moderator: