Sales Rep position!

Rob85

Hey Brown Cafe,

I interviewed for a sales rep position in Chicago about three weeks ago and I haven't received a call back yet. I was wondering how long does it usually take for HR to make a decision? And also if you guys can provided any insight about the position(ex..pro/cons, typical day) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

atatbl

lmao..... you might not like what this thread will soon have to offer.

My advice: any job, right now, is probably a good one.

over9five

Staff member
Welcome to BrownCafe, Rob.

The problem you're going to have is DHL. I read that they recently let go all of their US sales reps.
I imagine most of them are now applying at UPS. You're going to have lots of competition for that job!

Are you ex-DHL?

rocket man

acording to secton 19 paragraph 8 section 3 secton 8 and 18 of sub paragraph 9 any and all applicants must go thru a full back ground search aprox 3 week wait. a lie detector . and a full bodily caviti search, buy a center manager of ther prefrence.:biting:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Rob this is your interview.

Can you convince me why i should use ups to over night tieguy a box of kleenex?

50 words or less, and if you convince me I'll make a couple of calls for ya.

over9five

Staff member
If I were hiring sales reps for UPS, I would hire a bunch of those laid off DHL reps.
Think of all the leads and contacts they must have.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I were hiring sales reps for UPS, I would hire a bunch of those laid off DHL reps. Think of all the leads and contacts they must have.....

...not only that, think of the motivation they would have knowing they were getting a second chance. They spent most of their careers selling their services against ours and now may have a chance to sell our services, quite possibly to the same contacts they have an established relationship with. Could be a win/win situation.

BrownSuit

Problem with DHL Reps bringing their customer base and using it to target for Brown is that not only is a breach of the non-compete that DHL likely has, but it also is unethical.

Also, DHL knows how to sell on price, that's it. Not sure we want those folks. That's what got them out of a job.

Also laugh at Red all you want, but that's something that one might encounter with a BD interview.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Problem with DHL Reps bringing their customer base and using it to target for Brown is that not only is a breach of the non-compete that DHL likely has, but it also is unethical.

Also, DHL knows how to sell on price, that's it. Not sure we want those folks. That's what got them out of a job.

Also laugh at Red all you want, but that's something that one might encounter with a BD interview.

OK, but if DHL completely pulls out of the US market then the non-compete clause that you cite would IMO not apply. I will leave the ethics debate to others.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You more than likely did and just don't remember. I know that I've signed one.

I'm guessing you're a ways up the ranks. For your average p/t supe, I'd be surprised if there is a no-compete clause. I'm not even sure that friend/t time management have one, at least at the operations level. I could be wrong. I'd be interested in hearing one way or the other. I wouldn't sign a no-compete if one were given to me tomorrow. I've signed two or three non-disclosure agreements but those aren't the same thing.

My understanding is that when the employer lets the employee go as part of a restructuring, such clauses become null and void. -Rocky

Last edited: