Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Worth double points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FDX?

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Salesguy

Sales Member
Team, we got code orange on our screen. The time for you to enter leads is now.
The TNT buy is nothing like you seen before. Pls help your brown family so we stay happy and have fun!

And on a separate note I don't want to tell my trophy wife about me changing the BMW for a ford cause my guys are useless without you. Drivers rock. Drivers who help me are rockers. Yeah!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No time for leads and I'm being 100% serious.

Routes are being cut nation wide to cut costs. Stops per car are up and I'm lucky to get my businesses and pick ups done on time then it's 3-4 hours of resi and hope I make it home before my wife is asleep.

That's life in the real world.

Salesguy

Sales Member
No time for leads and I'm being 100% serious.

Routes are being cut nation wide to cut costs. Stops per car are up and I'm lucky to get my businesses and pick ups done on time then it's 3-4 hours of resi and hope I make it home before my wife is asleep.

That's life in the real world.

Yeah if that is the real world than it's sad. Growing the business should never be a sad thing but an opportunity for all of us. Why not ask for a business card and give it to your sup with your name written on the back?

Brownslave688

Yeah if that is the real world than it's sad. Growing the business should never be a sad thing but an opportunity for all of us. Why not ask for a business card and give it to your sup with your name written on the back?
You realize there are guys on here being threatened to be fired for stealing time because they are "wasting 1 second per stop".

F

FrigidAdCorrector

The TNT buy is nothing like you seen before. Pls help your brown family so we stay happy and have fun!
It's almost as scary as when DHL bought Airborne Express! Imagine where we'd be had that not worked out.
And on a separate note I don't want to tell my trophy wife about me changing the BMW for a ford cause my guys are useless without you.
How about this, I'll work on getting you sales leads when you talk to IE about getting me more realistic numbers. Because I can't handle extra volume right now due to absurd expectations set by some guy in an office 500 miles away from my center.

Or you could always not steal the leads I send you. Submitted one a couple months ago for my parents work. I used to work there and they were getting annoyed by FedEx ground and express being split. Sales person closed it saying it was a bad lead. Amazingly though I was having Easter dinner on Sunday only to learn they now ship UPS. What a strange turn of events..

Brownslave688

It's almost as scary as when DHL bought Airborne Express! Imagine where we'd be had that not worked out.

How about this, I'll work on getting you sales leads when you talk to IE about getting me more realistic numbers. Because I can't handle extra volume right now due to absurd expectations set by some guy in an office 500 miles away from my center.

Or you could always not steal the leads I send you. Submitted one a couple months ago for my parents work. I used to work there and they were getting annoyed by FedEx ground and express being split. Sales person closed it saying it was a bad lead. Amazingly though I was having Easter dinner on Sunday only to learn they now ship UPS. What a strange turn of events..
You really should stick around in management. I Think I speak for many here when I say I wouldn't mind you being my boss.

Brownslave688

This right here is pretty much why everyone quits getting leads.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

You really should stick around in management. I Think I speak for many here when I say I wouldn't mind you being my boss.
Thanks man. I really do appreciate that.

Unfortunately I do not believe I could make it very far in this company with the way I do things. I do it all by the book, but my methods are not UPS in the way I treat people. I believe in a culture of teamwork, not us vs them. I genuinely care about my employees, I don't look at them like pawns.

The more I do this job though the more I want to go higher to see if I could positively influence things.

Brownslave688

Thanks man. I really do appreciate that.

Unfortunately I do not believe I could make it very far in this company with the way I do things. I do it all by the book, but my methods are not UPS in the way I treat people. I believe in a culture of teamwork, not us vs them. I genuinely care about my employees, I don't look at them like pawns.

The more I do this job though the more I want to go higher to see if I could positively influence things.
Yep. I've watched it change a lot just the last 6-7 years. My 1st center manager was a great guy. Was allowed to run the center the way he wanted and had been there so long no one questioned him.

When he retired the higher ups must of seen it as a way to change the center. My second center manager was very similar to the first. Not a company yes man and did things how he saw fit. His reward? Being told on Friday he would start Monday at a center in BFE.

3rd center manager total yes man but our numbers still sucked. So he cooked the books and got caught. I think he got demoted to the Orion team.

4th center manager they brought in a high integrity guy because the 3rd one was so crooked. When his numbers sucked and he got pressure to do whatever necessary he took a job outside of operations.

5th center manager another total company yes man at least when he came in. Sees numbers and that's it nothing else. The book is still out but I don't have high hopes.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Yep. I've watched it change a lot just the last 6-7 years. My 1st center manager was a great guy. Was allowed to run the center the way he wanted and had been there so long no one questioned him.

When he retired the higher ups must of seen it as a way to change the center. My second center manager was very similar to the first. Not a company yes man and did things how he saw fit. His reward? Being told on Friday he would start Monday at a center in BFE.

3rd center manager total yes man but our numbers still sucked. So he cooked the books and got caught. I think he got demoted to the Orion team.

4th center manager they brought in a high integrity guy because the 3rd one was so crooked. When his numbers sucked and he got pressure to do whatever necessary he took a job outside of operations.

5th center manager another total company yes man at least when he came in. Sees numbers and that's it nothing else. The book is still out but I don't have high hopes.
I wish I could tell you something about my center manager. Never see the guy. Been at UPS since May 2013 and I've probably seen him maybe a dozen times. My FT runs everything.