SALT question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by thebrownbox, Dec 20, 2007.

1. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

ok if one does not know I've been picking stuff off the belt for 3 trucks and I have a guy who loads.. for the past two days now I'm getting more and more stuff thats just on the wrong belt when they do salt do they stamp salt on a package or do they just let it ride up?

Yesterday was pretty crazy but not sure if the box was meaning the fish or whatever but I noticed it said salt at the top left when 4 other boxes of live fish did not.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

3. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

never heard of Service Awareness Label Training?
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I will admit that no, I have never heard of that. I actually thought that you were referring to table salt, so I apologize as your post made absolutely no sense to me.
  5. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

Heh I know I'm still the same with some other terms.
  6. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

when the united states military or the cia runs out of abbreviations do they call ups for more?????? :happy2:
  7. Covemastah

lets see how many can we all remember !!! mcm , mcw , mcg ,mcb , dr , fd ,bd ,gar,aod , cod, srm ,tofc , nda, 2da, scsz ,fstz, xx, zz ,center manager,ct, fc pu i'm going nuts trying to remember 19 yrs worth of these stupid things my favorite was call cntr 911 or asap! im sure i left out a couple thousand
  8. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

DR FY

Driver Release Front Yard:devil3:
  9. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

I had my FT Supe ask me to SALT a PT Supe for kicks to see if he noticed it.
  10. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

Sporh, Rts, Oms, Taw, Oji, Eam....
  11. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

But you don't write or stamp anything on the box do you?
  12. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

haha Eam is Early AM only found that out word of mouth.. some are kinda a no brainer to figure out and others not sure...

Like what is TSG?
  13. Covemastah

14. rod

rod retired and happy

had a fellow driver that always wrote "WL 1" on misloads. (Won't Locate)" As far as I know he never got in any trouble. He said it saved him the trouble of calling in a misload. This was back in the paper days.
  15. blacknproud

blacknproud Member

I have never heard of salting someone during peak, it's too damn heavy, after peak, sure every other day, it happens alot....not during peak though...:dissapointed:
  16. 71chevy

71chevy Member

Too much salt is not good for anyone.
  17. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

I just find it too odd I get stuff that should be on the other belts and the funny thing is I only see it go around once.
  18. tups

tups New Member

I had some clown on my route today get 10 50 lb boxes of Dead Sea SALT!!!! :censored2::censored2::censored2:!!?!?!?
  19. 2soon4me

2soon4me New Member

20. mpeedy

mpeedy Member

When I was a pick-off in the early 90's, 10% of the packages went to another belt. The pick-offs have to be always moving, so if they don't know where the package go's it go's anywhere.