SALT question

TSG92

ok if one does not know I've been picking stuff off the belt for 3 trucks and I have a guy who loads.. for the past two days now I'm getting more and more stuff thats just on the wrong belt when they do salt do they stamp salt on a package or do they just let it ride up?

Yesterday was pretty crazy but not sure if the box was meaning the fish or whatever but I noticed it said salt at the top left when 4 other boxes of live fish did not.

If these were live fish boxes I would bet it meant Salt Water Fish. AS IN live Salt Water Fish delivered to a pet store. Makes sense when there were 4 other boxes of live fish.

If management is going to SALT the loaders why would they mark it for all to see. The point in SALTing is to test them to see if they handle the box correctly. When they SALT there is something wrong with the box (ie missing papers on Hazmat, ORM-D on a NDA box, etc).

Last edited:

disneyworld

lets see how many can we all remember !!! mcm , mcw , mcg ,mcb , dr , fd ,bd ,gar,aod , cod, srm ,tofc , nda, 2da, scsz ,fstz, xx, zz ,center manager,ct, fc pu i'm going nuts trying to remember 19 yrs worth of these stupid things my favorite was call cntr 911 or asap! im sure i left out a couple thousand
:surprised:
MCNB-met customer nice babe!!!!!!!!!

LKLND3380

ok if one does not know I've been picking stuff off the belt for 3 trucks and I have a guy who loads.. for the past two days now I'm getting more and more stuff thats just on the wrong belt when they do salt do they stamp salt on a package or do they just let it ride up?

Yesterday was pretty crazy but not sure if the box was meaning the fish or whatever but I noticed it said salt at the top left when 4 other boxes of live fish did not.

Are you talking about a S.A.L.T. audit or you just have packages with salt stamped on them...

LKLND3380

But you don't write or stamp anything on the box do you?

we stick a Haz Mat diamond label on a box, record the tracking number and send it down the belt co-mingled with other packages.

I saw a new hire splitting the belt toss a package marked explosive... I think it was ammo for guns...

tieguy

Banned
SALT-Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty?

Oh and while we are on the subject of acronyms..What does TSP mean?

total service package. rocky romanella created service plan thats actually pretty creative. you kick start the whole service cycle at one time. It keeps working for short time periods.

FromBluetoBrown

total service package. rocky romanella created service plan thats actually pretty creative. you kick start the whole service cycle at one time. It keeps working for short time periods.

haha, thanks Tieguy. I actually knew what it meant I was just being a smarta@@

HazMatMan

we stick a Haz Mat diamond label on a box, record the tracking number and send it down the belt co-mingled with other packages.

I saw a new hire splitting the belt toss a package marked explosive... I think it was ammo for guns...

We do something like that but we make up a box, put hazmat labels on it, put a one gallon jug of water in it, spray the outside of the box with water and send it on it's merry way down the belt to see if people know what to do in case of a wet/leaking pkg, do not touch, leave area, notify supervisor..They usually do the right thing and stop the progress and call me, just funny when I get to the pkg I usually pick it up with no gloves, start smelling it, and then take it off the belt.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We do something like that but we make up a box, put hazmat labels on it, put a one gallon jug of water in it, spray the outside of the box with water and send it on it's merry way down the belt to see if people know what to do in case of a wet/leaking pkg, do not touch, leave area, notify supervisor..They usually do the right thing and stop the progress and call me, just funny when I get to the pkg I usually pick it up with no gloves, start smelling it, and then take it off the belt.
Real funny stuff ,but what if some one didn't follow the methods like don't touch leave area ,,,,,,,, and decided to call the friend.B.I or the local police and the swat and bomb sqaud showed up !!! before the friendly local sups found out!!!! i'm sure they would be laughing their balls off in Berlin .[Atlanta]!!!!!!!!!!