same day delivery

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's not the cost----it is the fact that the package never entered our system, which relies on a series of scans to support their closed loop billing process. I picked the packages up and had them all delivered within 15 minutes.
Sounds like the book store needs to hire a gopher.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Some of you are forgetting about the amazing service he provided the customer. Believe it or not, some people perform their duties with pride and are proud to say they did a good job once they arrive at home.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I already offer same-day delivery on my area. If I pickup a package that is addressed to a consignee on my area 9 times out of 10 I will deliver it that day. This doesn't happen very often---usually only when the college bookstore sends out their text orders----but it drives my center manager crazy when I do it.:wink2:

Really,? Don't you get enough work? If they wanted it to get there on the sameday. They would bring it there on the way home. Or, the receiver could go get it. For 15 minutes. Why would they pay UPS otherwise. Hope they tip you the amount of money you save them. For the yr. Not worth it to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Really,? Don't you get enough work? If they wanted it to get there on the sameday. They would bring it there on the way home. Or, the receiver could go get it. For 15 minutes. Why would they pay UPS otherwise. Hope they tip you the amount of money you save them. For the yr. Not worth it to me.

This is just something I do when the bookstore sends out their text book orders and only if I am running ahead or if it is a light day. It's not as though I do it every day.

The ones I get a kick out of is where the student who ordered it requested second day delivery within the same zip code.

It is priceless when the consignee says "....but I just ordered it this morning...".

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
This is just something I do when the bookstore sends out their text book orders and only if I am running ahead or if it is a light day. It's not as though I do it every day.

The ones I get a kick out of is where the student who ordered it requested second day delivery within the same zip code.

It is priceless when the consignee says "....but I just ordered it this morning...".

I just look at as an easy stop for tomorrow. Maybe this one or two stops will keep an add /cut off of me

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just curious as to why it would be frowned upon? If they pay for the service, regardless of if we deliver it the same day or the next day, aren't they still paying the same?
I don't understand why there would be a problem.
Billing can handle it. Closed Loop Billing has been updated to look back 30 days.
The package getting delivered before PLD or any other scans happens in our system all the time.
Tracking can handle it.
We deliver 2 day air in one day.
As long as not delivered out of trace.

Probably just because Upstate did it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I don't understand why there would be a problem.
Billing can handle it. Closed Loop Billing has been updated to look back 30 days.
The package getting delivered before PLD or any other scans happens in our system all the time.
Tracking can handle it.
We deliver 2 day air in one day.
As long as not delivered out of trace.

Probably just because Upstate did it.
No, it's more like ever driver that I know has been instructed not to do it and some feel certain rules don't apply to them when it's convenient for them.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's not the cost----it is the fact that the package never entered our system, which relies on a series of scans to support their closed loop billing process. I picked the packages up and had them all delivered within 15 minutes.

Then it really is about cost, then isn't it?
It's always about the cost.
How much did it cost UPS to deliver those packages for free?