Same sex partner benefits

FAVREFAN

UPS does offer same sex partner benifits, if your married or not. I live in Florida and just added my partner onto my insurance. He gets the same coverage as normal dependents do. And we are not legally married.
But I am with my gf/fiancee for 5 years and we live together but she isn't covered until we are married......hmmmmm....how does that happen?

FAVREFAN

I don't know the BC community seems to be pretty open minded when this topic comes up. My question when you grant same sex benifits has always been the hows. Without the marriage cpmtract how do you know your not providing health benifits to someones roomate or even renter.
I agree with you.

browndevil

I don't know the BC community seems to be pretty open minded when this topic comes up. My question when you grant same sex benifits has always been the hows. Without the marriage cpmtract how do you know your not providing health benifits to someones roomate or even renter.

Any unmarried person can do that now and UPS doesn't question the motives. People get married for all kinds of reasons, companionship, health benefits, legal status or yes and love. I'm and old softy and got married for love

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Any unmarried person can do that now and UPS doesn't question the motives. People get married for all kinds of reasons, companionship, health benefits, legal status or yes and love. I'm and old softy and got married for love
I hope it doesn't get out that I married for citizenship.:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
UPS does offer same sex partner benifits, if your married or not. I live in Florida and just added my partner onto my insurance. He gets the same coverage as normal dependents do. And we are not legally married.

But I am with my gf/fiancee for 5 years and we live together but she isn't covered until we are married......hmmmmm....how does that happen?
It happens because if you and and your gf/fiance want to get married, you can. Soundwave and his/her partner can't get married even if they want to.

over9five

Staff member
It happens because if you and and your gf/fiance want to get married, you can. Soundwave and his/her partner can't get married even if they want to.

Well they could. Travel to a state where it's legal. The problem is your home state won't recognize your marriage.

with some of the questions asked on the forms I filled out when retiring it may be possible for ANY significant other to be eligible for benefits.

FAVREFAN

It's so friend'ed up. My fiancee that I share a home with isn't covered but if she had a sex change she would be without us being married. What a joke.

package

It's so friend'ed up. My fiancee that I share a home with isn't covered but if she had a sex change she would be without us being married. What a joke.

I don't see why that is friend'ed up. If you want your fiance to receive your benefits marry her. Gay couples don't have that option, I am sure most gay couples would be fine with only having benefits for their legal spouse if gay marriage was legal in their state.

The real answer is for the government to get out of the marriage business.
Instead of opening that can of worms, the government could pass a "civil union" law that would give any couples (same sex or not) the same benefits as married couples.
The problem with affording benefits to unmarried or civil union couples is that it opens the possibility of a "revolving door" relationship.

Cezanne

Just got a large vet bill for my dog who is currently living with us, being fair is fair why could he not be covered? Time to call PETA or the ACLU, clear case of discrimination against four legged mammals.:wink2: