Same sex partner benefits

tourists24

not only that, even if you open the civil union for benefits arguement you then open the door for other types of relationships.... why should it be limited to just same partner relationships? what if I want 4 partners and I love them all? shouldnt they be allowed to have benefits too?

Cezanne

AMEN Jones.... I always get puzzled looks when this whole subject comes up with this as my response
It has nothing to do with the government. This subject has been addressed by the Supreme Court and study their decisions. Why this is happening has everything to corporations appearing to be politically correct to appease the powers that be out there. It is OK with be if corporations are willing to provide health benefits to any alternative lifestyles out there, but guess what just see what happens to our union negotiated health and welfare active and retirement benefits in 2013. Are we so stupid as to not to see the writting on the wall, just ask what they tried to pawn off on the retirees of local 705 last year. Does anybody out there get it, even if you would retire tomorrow these corporations currently have the right to raise your retirement co-pay or offset to any amount deem necessary. So just fine and dandy that the company is willing to follow the trend and show compassion to same-sex partners, will they be so willing to show the same to the men and women who put there time in and paid thier dues many with physically disabling injuries that come with working 20 to 40 years with the demands of the company work requirements. Just you wait and see....:biting:

Last edited:
Hopefully in your rant you do understand that gay people are as you said "putting there time and pay their dues many with physically disabling injuries that come with working.......". I have worked for the company 15yrs. I do as much work as anyone else. And deserve the same benefits all UPS employees receive. Ill stand up if the time comes to fight for all my union brothers and sisters . Just as I did when I went on strike back in the day. Again I am thankful that UPS offers this.

Cezanne

Hopefully in your rant you do understand that gay people are as you said "putting there time and pay their dues many with physically disabling injuries that come with working.......". I have worked for the company 15yrs. I do as much work as anyone else. And deserve the same benefits all UPS employees receive. Ill stand up if the time comes to fight for all my union brothers and sisters . Just as I did when I went on strike back in the day. Again I am thankful that UPS offers this.
I am not begrudging you on this issue, just trying to prove a point. And I expect you will be there if necessary as you where in l997. Bottom line is all human beings should be treated the same.:peaceful:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
not only that, even if you open the civil union for benefits arguement you then open the door for other types of relationships.... why should it be limited to just same partner relationships? what if I want 4 partners and I love them all? shouldnt they be allowed to have benefits too?
Good point.

I am not begrudging you on this issue, just trying to prove a point. And I expect you will be there if necessary as you where in l997. Bottom line is all human beings should be treated the same.:peaceful:
All?

agent323

I have heard that if you have a same sex partner who is either married or in a civil union or domestic partnership that person is eligible for health benefits. Would anyone happen to know if this only applies to same sex people whose relationship is recognized by the state they work in? For example, if me and my partner get married in Iowa and then go back to Ohio where it is illegal, will UPS still give my partner health benefits?

Thanks for the help
YES!!! You get the benefit where ever you live! Just go on line in the benefits section and you will see a drop down menu...select domestic partnership. You have to prove your kiving together...checking account in both names...utility bills etc.
But YES you are covered!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

YES!!! You get the benefit where ever you live! Just go on line in the benefits section and you will see a drop down menu...select domestic partnership. You have to prove your kiving together...checking account in both names...utility bills etc. But YES you are covered!

Please be careful when making blanket statements such as this as coverage will vary from state to state. You should also keep in mind that not all UPSers are covered by a UPS health plan. I am covered by BC/BS Central NY which is administered by NYS Teamsters and as far as I know same sex benefits are NOT available through this plan.

P

pickup

LOL, I'm waiting and waiting. Come on already and spill it, will ya?

You were on my list of candidates to tip over the applecart. My main contender, Raw has yet to check in. For all I know , the comments I was expecting might have appeared already but were moderated, deleted and hence never existed for all intents and purposes.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You were on my list of candidates to tip over the applecart. My main contender, Raw has yet to check in. For all I know , the comments I was expecting might have appeared already but were moderated, deleted and hence never existed for all intents and purposes.
I'm sitting here scratching my head, brotha.

rod

Retired 22 years
What happened to "sexyUPSman"? He would know all the ins and outs of this subject. (I'll bet hes in jail after being caught with his driver chained to his bed.)

P

pickup

I'm sitting here scratching my head, brotha.

Well, Steve, not that you would have said anything derogatory but I felt you might have provided the comment that would have been the springboard for contention. Something along the lines that" I feel that marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman." That's all.

In a way, someone already went and others followed into the field of bestiality but so far nothing more than humor. I am surprised that the thread has stayed on an even keel so far.

As for my comments about moderation, I remember when sexyupsman had a few threads going and the post deleting was rampant(I know because my posts deleted). So with that being said, if someone did say something negative, it is likely to be deleted if the same level of moderation that applied before would apply now.

Now I stepped my foot into it but I hope this clears up your confusion.

over9five

Staff member
For all I know , the comments I was expecting might have appeared already but were moderated, deleted and hence never existed for all intents and purposes.

Not one post has been moderated or deleted in this thread. The majority of BCers are good people who are happy to help with any posters question!