Same sex partner benefits

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, Steve, not that you would have said anything derogatory but I felt you might have provided the comment that would have been the springboard for contention. Something along the lines that" I feel that marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman." That's all.

In a way, someone already went and others followed into the field of bestiality but so far nothing more than humor. I am surprised that the thread has stayed on an even keel so far.

As for my comments about moderation, I remember when sexyupsman had a few threads going and the post deleting was rampant(I know because my posts deleted). So with that being said, if someone did say something negative, it is likely to be deleted if the same level of moderation that applied before would apply now.

Now I stepped my foot into it but I hope this clears up your confusion.
Ahhhh, I see where you were going. I think **** ****** ***** *** ** ***** **** ******* ******, so does that clear it up for you?:wink2:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Well, Steve, not that you would have said anything derogatory but I felt you might have provided the comment that would have been the springboard for contention. Something along the lines that" I feel that marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman." That's all.

Pickup is looking for some one to become caustic and make the thread more entertaining for him....

The disapointment with over 60 posts and no real breakout homophobia must be aggravating to say the least....:happy-very:

Let's hope it stays that way, not to deny Pickup but to have a grown up conversation about a controversial subject..:peaceful:

P

pickup

Pickup is looking for some one to become caustic and make the thread more entertaining for him....

The disapointment with over 60 posts and no real breakout homophobia must be aggravating to say the least....:happy-very:

Let's hope it stays that way, not to deny Pickup but to have a grown up conversation about a controversial subject..:peaceful:

If I had said nothing, it would have happened. I became a failed prophet by simply publicizing my prophecy. The observer interfered with that being observed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, I was reading the thread title wrong.....Same Sex PartnerBenefits......like not getting STD's because you have the same sex partner all the time.
You can see how it can be taken both ways, yes?

pjbrown78

Are you in management or an hourly employee? I also live in Florida and am fighting for partner benefits. I am a driver and am determined in taking a stand for my relationship and receiving the same rights and benefits as my coworkers

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Are you in management or an hourly employee? I also live in Florida and am fighting for partner benefits. I am a driver and am determined in taking a stand for my relationship and receiving the same rights and benefits as my coworkers

Why should this person...who does the same job as his/her heterosexual co-workers....be denied the same benefits for doing that job?

pjbrown78

We shouldn't. It's time we make a difference. I'm going to strongly bring this to the union and to UPS so it may be addressed now and in our upcoming contract. Any suggestions, comments or support would be greatly appreciated!!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We are allowed to designate any beneficiary of our choosing for retirement benefits. A spouse, child, parent or even friend. Seems like that might be a good starting point for designing a "beneficiary" of our other benefits.

GayOfThrones

Speaking from personal experience, even though it's a bit of a paper nightmare, UPS will insure your same sex partner, regardless of whether or not you live in a state that recognizes same sex "marriage" or "Civil Unions" or "Domestic Partnerships".

TO BE ELIGIBLE YOU MUST:​
have been in an exclusive and committed relationship of mutual caring and support for
at least the past 12 months, and intend to remain in the partnership permanently; (If your state does not recognize same sex partnerships, then you and your partner will have to sign an afidavit to this effect)​
be jointly responsible for each other’s living expenses and/or common welfare (A joint bank account will suffice as evidence)
not be legally married to or legally separated from anyone else nor have had anotherdomestic partner within the past 12 months;
both be at least 18 years of age and mentally competent to consent to a contract;
have lived together in the same principal residence for at least 12 months and intend todo so indefinitely (Lease or Mortgage with both names)not be related by blood or to the degree of closeness that would otherwise prohibitlegal marriage in the state in which you and your partner legally reside;not be in the relationship solely for the purpose of obtaining benefits coverage;
be unable to enter into a legal marriage recognized in the state of residence, and haveregistered the same-sex relationship—if residing in a state/municipality that permits
such registration.

The full benefits explanations can be found here, but if you call the Flexible benefits hotline, they're extremely helpful and guided me through getting my own partner insured.

This is just one of the many reasons I'm proud to be a UPSer.

https://ep.upsers.com/ep-s/upsers/wcm/myconnect/a1443280466924ceb9aab90f27c8e0f9/Same+Sex+Domestic+Partner+Benefits.pdf?MOD=AJPERES