Same Stops Over and Over and Over again

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
So the new updated diad and orion screen shows next day airs, savers and ground as separate stops. Sometimes it'll want you to come back later in the day and deliver to the same stop (ex: access point) for ground packages.

But lets just say its your first stop and the ground+savers are on your 2000 shelf, would you have the person receiving(commercial stop) them sign 3 different times or just scan all of them and have them sign for all of them at once?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
If you combine them in one delivery stop while you are there once it is one stop. If you are scanning the air and ground separately and creating two stops, you are padding stops. If like you working here, don't pad stops.
It wasn't that I was padding it, that day was the first time i had seen it and I didn't know they had ground because orion had me jumping from air to my 5000 shelf, then 8000, then back to my 2000 when I finished my air. I didn't know they had ground+savers. I add them all together when I can find them now though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Better yet what freaking maroon decided to update the software so they are all one stop?

This is one thing that still seperates know us from FedEx.

Holydriver

It wasn't that I was padding it, that day was the first time i had seen it and I didn't know they had ground because orion had me jumping from air to my 5000 shelf, then 8000, then back to my 2000 when I finished my air. I didn't know they had ground+savers. I add them all together when I can find them now though.
ive seen this a lot too. best bet is if you have a 1030 commit for say one piece at an address that usually gets multiple pieces in a day go ahead and switch to RDO to see total pieces going there. get them all out at that time. you are definitely not padding stops if you are following ORION, but why not get them all at once anyway? shorten your day, and minimize the blank stares and feeling of ignorance when you bother your customers mulitple times each day delivering

Box Ox

Voluntarily digging everything out to deliver with the NDA while you're still bricked out can be a tall order. Especially with a snaked ORION load. You're often digging instead of quickly finding. I do it if I can find everything quickly. And tell the customer I'll be back (and why) if I can't.

Grey

It's not on every route but I can't stand it when your air is separated from your ground in the board.

1+0
3+0
2+0
1+0
2+0

Annoying!

underworked1

If the board has you go there 3 times, and you do...that's 3 separate sigs and stops. Which is cool. If you go there in the morning and scan each air, saver, and ground separately and get sigs for each you will get credit for 3 stops when you had one. Which could get you fired. Only exception is a college campus or apartment building that you prerecord separate stops and then have them all signed and delivered to the office. You will get credit for each stops but that is per the methods.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've never heard a word about padding stops except here on BC. Is this a big issue in bonus centers or something, because it's not an issue here.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Never heard of anyone fired for dishonesty or falsifying records? Because this could be considered either of the 2
Ya I've heard of that wise guy ;), I'm just not sure how it applies.

Guess I'm not sure how delivering your airs, getting a signature, then delivering your grounds is dishonesty..... unless you're sitting on your ass stealing time for a few minutes in between. I mean I don't do it that way unless it's a bulk stop that I won't complete till after 10:30(prerecord soft key is in a terrible spot). I just don't see what the fuss is about.

porkwagon

Ya I've heard of that wise guy ;), I'm just not sure how it applies.

Guess I'm not sure how delivering your airs, getting a signature, then delivering your grounds is dishonesty..... unless you're sitting on your ass stealing time for a few minutes in between. I mean I don't do it that way unless it's a bulk stop that I won't complete till after 10:30(prerecord soft key is in a terrible spot). I just don't see what the fuss is about.
If you deliver air, leave and come back then it's two legitimate stops. If you're dumping it all off air and ground then get ONE signature. Padding stops is an integrity issue and is a big deal because it affects your dispatch and time allowance.

oldngray

nowhere special
I heard if you deliver just air then come back later to deliver ground its not an issue about being 2 stops. But if you try to dig out ground too and deliver some ground with the air and the rest of the ground later it gets flagged. It is still 2 legitimate stops but will show up on a report.

BrownTexas

I heard if you deliver just air then come back later to deliver ground its not an issue about being 2 stops. But if you try to dig out ground too and deliver some ground with the air and the rest of the ground later it gets flagged. It is still 2 legitimate stops but will show up on a report.
Depending on time I usually do that. Just grab what I can and come back later if need be. Still considered 2 separate stops. If I'm at a bulk stop at 10:29 I will have them sign for the air, stop complete, scan ground, dup stop, then stop complete. Like someone said before. I don't want an air being late because I hit a button with a box.