Same Stops Over and Over and Over again

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've never heard a word about padding stops except here on BC. Is this a big issue in bonus centers or something, because it's not an issue here.
It's all good till it isn't. Ask someone who they are targeting to get rid of, one of many things that are overlooked until it isn't. Every now and then they also need a sacrificial lamb to show upper management they are still riding drivers about things on a report.

Luke Thighrocker

Using "left at" means putting the NDA in to prerecord. Not a smart move.
This could be true if you're running airs down to the wire. I didn't think of that. My air commit is 12:00 and I usually have them all off by 11:00.

But, as long as, you're well within bounds of your commit time, you're safe.

I was looking at it from the padding stops/ stealing time aspect.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Orion lists you air and ground stops separately so you can figure out what it wants you to do. I was told if they are back to back on your screen, you do the air and ground at once. If just the air is listed, it only wants you to do the air and then go do all your bs 7000 and 5000 nickel dime stops with your other air and come back for the ground. It thinks it is more efficient to get the "expensive" grounds off the 7000 than the 60 bulk in the middle of you package car.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is a time window of how long it needs to be between air and ground before it gets flagged. I don't remember how long but it was at least 15 minutes I think. Might be longer.

L

Littlearrowdown

Went to Walmart 6 times in 1 day, air optical, air receiving door, ground optical, ground receiving door, inside delivery for pharmacy, then later that day I get an on call for the pharmacy. Of course the package I picked up was the one I delivered earlier that day with an rs label.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went to Walmart 6 times in 1 day, air optical, air receiving door, ground optical, ground receiving door, inside delivery for pharmacy, then later that day I get an on call for the pharmacy. Of course the package I picked up was the one I delivered earlier that day with an rs label.

I also deliver Walmart and there is no way in hell that I would do what you are doing. The only time I will go there twice in the morning is if I have NDA and am unable to deliver their ground at the same time. My Walmart has 3 receiving doors and normally 2 of them have empty trailers on them so we are all fighting over the 1 open door.

I go there once in the morning for deliveries and back in the afternoon for the Vision Center pickup.

By The Book

Damn bro!.... That's one way to add stops to your day.

L

Littlearrowdown

I also deliver Walmart and there is no way in hell that I would do what you are doing. The only time I will go there twice in the morning is if I have NDA and am unable to deliver their ground at the same time. My Walmart has 3 receiving doors and normally 2 of them have empty trailers on them so we are all fighting over the 1 open door.

I go there once in the morning for deliveries and back in the afternoon for the Vision Center pickup.
That was just one day, normally it doesn't work out like that. We left the building super late so I had to deliver the air and ground separate. No way I would do that everyday.

bddaddy

Depending on time I usually do that. Just grab what I can and come back later if need be. Still considered 2 separate stops. If I'm at a bulk stop at 10:29 I will have them sign for the air, stop complete, scan ground, dup stop, then stop complete. Like someone said before. I don't want an air being late because I hit a button with a box.
If you scan a package before 10:30 all is good. You don't have to get it "stop completed" before 10:30. Scan the air and all the ground and they can sign for it at 11:00 and it won't be late.

L

Littlearrowdown

If you scan a package before 10:30 all is good. You don't have to get it "stop completed" before 10:30. Scan the air and all the ground and they can sign for it at 11:00 and it won't be late.
Until you accidentally hit prerecord

BrownTexas

I believe you have to scan it and then big down. That is what time stamps it. So if u accidentally hit prerecord or big up again it will get a new time stamp and you will b tagged late.

oldngray

nowhere special
I believe you have to scan it and then big down. That is what time stamps it. So if u accidentally hit prerecord or big up again it will get a new time stamp and you will b tagged late.

You do need to big arrow down to get to the package field to tag the time. If you arrow up but leave the stop open the time won't change unless you prerecord.