Same Stops Over and Over and Over again

barnyard

KTM rider
Air and ground in one shot counts as one stop.

Only if you deliver them together.

If you deliver all air, then go about your day, Orion has you come back 2 hours later, to deliver JUST ground, that is another stop.

If you deliver 1 ground package with your NDA, when you come back with more ground, it is a duplicate stop. Even if the other package is buried and you cannot find it because Orion is having you deliver section 8 before anything else; when you go back, that is a dupe. Had 4 of them on Thursday.

Thanks Orion.

By The Book

I mean, if they're listed as different stops in your EDD, that can't gig you for recording them as such.

Use "left at" and play their game by their rules.
Bad advice
This could be true if you're running airs down to the wire. I didn't think of that. My air commit is 12:00 and I usually have them all off by 11:00.

But, as long as, you're well within bounds of your commit time, you're safe.

I was looking at it from the padding stops/ stealing time aspect.
Bad advice again....and if you think you're padding stops, in this case you are.
Just read the entire thread and I'm slightly surprised that "padding stops" isn't company wide terminology.

Yes, I work in a "bone us" center.
Padding stops is company wide terminology.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Then how do you open the stop back up?
You don't, that will give it a new time stamp.
From the prerecord screen hit LAcom or LAres, hit the sig key, get signature and stop complete.

This is of course assuming you scanned all your air first, any air you hadn't scanned yet will be late, but at least the ones you already scanned won't be late too.

If you have ground left for the stop you could go ahead and scan that, prerecord it too, then highlight that in the prerecord screen and hit dupLAcom soft key and just get one signature for both stops in the prerecord screen.

35years

Gravy route
You don't, that will give it a new time stamp.
From the prerecord screen hit LAcom or LAres, hit the sig key, get signature and stop complete.

This is of course assuming you scanned all your air first, any air you hadn't scanned yet will be late, but at least the ones you already scanned won't be late too.

If you have ground left for the stop you could go ahead and scan that, prerecord it too, then highlight that in the prerecord screen and hit dupLAcom soft key and just get one signature for both stops in the prerecord screen.
And get fired for dishonesty/ falsifying records anytime management feels like looking at your records.
LAcom and LAres are for indirects. Using it to avoid a late air tag is an easy case for falsification and termination.
Take the late NDA. Text them you accidentally hit prerecord IF that is the case.
Clear conscience and a secure job. Screw the trick that saves your boss a little ding and puts your job at risk.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And get fired for dishonesty/ falsifying records anytime management feels like looking at your records.
LAcom and LAres are for indirects. Using it to avoid a late air tag is an easy case for falsification and termination.
Take the late NDA. Text them you accidentally hit prerecord IF that is the case.
Clear conscience and a secure job. Screw the trick that saves your boss a little ding and puts your job at risk.
Telematics would be your friend in this case. If GPS shows you're at the stop, and the car hasn't moved, it's not dishonesty.

If it makes you feel better, when stop completing with LAcom it will ask you for a location, enter accidental prerec.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Telematics would be your friend in this case. If GPS shows you're at the stop, and the car hasn't moved, it's not dishonesty.

If it makes you feel better, when stop completing with LAcom it will ask you for a location, enter accidental prerec.
So when asked at the hearing...
Why did you prerecord?
You will answer:accidental
Why did you then enter LAcom when you were not indirecting the package and we have 6 months of records with the same receiver signing for that business?
You will answer: I was trying to avoid getting hit with a late NDA even though I was stop completing after 10:30, after all I scanned before 10:30.
So you intentionally falsified your records to indicate an indirect to avoid being disciplined for a late NDA?
You will answer: Could you make it a 3 month suspension instead of termination, I am begging you?

Good luck!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I also deliver Walmart and there is no way in hell that I would do what you are doing. The only time I will go there twice in the morning is if I have NDA and am unable to deliver their ground at the same time. My Walmart has 3 receiving doors and normally 2 of them have empty trailers on them so we are all fighting over the 1 open door.

I go there once in the morning for deliveries and back in the afternoon for the Vision Center pickup.

I thought it was just the Walmart I deliver to. It has 3 dock doors and 2 of them always have trailers on them. Everyone fights for one dock door.

Looks like it is the same elsewhere. They won't accept any deliveries after 11:00 am either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought it was just the Walmart I deliver to. It has 3 dock doors and 2 of them always have trailers on them. Everyone fights for one dock door.

Looks like it is the same elsewhere. They won't accept any deliveries after 11:00 am either.

There are days when all 3 bays have trailers on them and we have to put the packages on pallets.

I have made deliveries as late as 1530 (single package misloads).

Does yours allow you to bring any packages for the dock inside the store to the returns area when receiving is closed?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There are days when all 3 bays have trailers on them and we have to put the packages on pallets.

I have made deliveries as late as 1530 (single package misloads).

Does yours allow you to bring any packages for the dock inside the store to the returns area when receiving is closed?

Nope. If I find a misload, I'll go back to the Wally World dock and sheet it as CLO1.

35years

Gravy route
Copy that! So glad my on car told me about that one.
He was not doing you a favor. He was showing you a trick that could cost you your job just so he has fewer late NDA on his report.

There are at least 2 other "tricks" that will fool the system so NDA will not show up as late. Using any of these 3 can cost you your job if they investigate. This is clearly falsification of records. Who cares about the hand slap for late NDA? It is not worth your job.

a911scanner

He was not doing you a favor. He was showing you a trick that could cost you your job just so he has fewer late NDA on his report.

There are at least 2 other "tricks" that will fool the system so NDA will not show up as late. Using any of these 3 can cost you your job if they investigate. This is clearly falsification of records. Who cares about the hand slap for late NDA? It is not worth your job.
Yeah... I already got your point from your first comment & your disagreeing with my post. Thanks for clarifying it succinctly though.